Saw video thread

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He won on both sides. They switched and ran again I thought.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He won on both sides. They switched and ran again I thought.
Do you ever give up! Do you race? Like Clint said it was the only Stihl that won all day! Why are you so adamant about it? I got beet by a saw that a professional ported/fixed. I’ve ported 3 or 4 saws total, I was pretty happy to even make it to the finals.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems like nerves are getting struck very easy lately. Seen it in forsale adds and several other threads. I sure hope we can all get along. I enjoy some of the banter that occurs with some hardcore brand loyalists. I dont think @RI Chevy was trying to be a richard cranium. @MG2186 if you made it to tge finals as a underdog builder/porter you should be very proud i sure would be. Please guys i dont like seeing us riff raffers getting pissed at one and other. I hope im not stepping on toes by speaking about it further but nice race and be proud your work saw did so well.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. Didn't realize I struck a nerve. I'll gracefully bow out of your thread.

You are fine Jeff. He is still sore from getting it on both sides of the cant is all. He will heal up. :)

Made the finals in 3 of the 4 worksaw classes but was only able to win one. This was my 2nd racing event ever, guess I could be somewhat happy, but who’s happy with 2nd place. More work to do on my part.
As far as the 6 cube class goes, Clint’s saw is strong, it beat Matt and his TM 064 pretty good to. The 2186 that I’m running I built/ported for a friend. I hate to loose especially to a Stihl but Clint’s a great guy and he deserved it

You did a helluva job man. Consistent all day. Just keep doing what you're doing. You got strong saws and fast chains.

Thanks for the kind words Mike, I just got lucky is all.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made the finals in 3 of the 4 worksaw classes but was only able to win one. This was my 2nd racing event ever, guess I could be somewhat happy, but who’s happy with 2nd place. More work to do on my part.
As far as the 6 cube class goes, Clint’s saw is strong, it beat Matt and his TM 064 pretty good to. The 2186 that I’m running I built/ported for a friend. I hate to loose especially to a Stihl but Clint’s a great guy and he deserved it

Next time wear some of the Husqvarna britches and he will be starring at them the whole time.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems that I read something about it, but I can't remember if it was the 562 or 550.
I remember something about that as well. Iirc it was Keith Gandy that posted it. I think he said something about a plug that could be removed to access the adjustment. I could be totally out to lunch here but for some reason this rings a bell with me.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember something about that as well. Iirc it was Keith Gandy that posted it. I think he said something about a plug that could be removed to access the adjustment. I could be totally out to lunch here but for some reason this rings a bell with me.
Nope. I think you're right.

@Keith Gandy does this ring a bell?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope. I think you're right.

@Keith Gandy does this ring a bell?
Yes sir. There is an adjustment over the left carb bolt on the rear of the carb under a brass welch plug. Drill and pull that plug . It affects topend adjustment and mine ran better on top at 1/2 counterclockwise which richened it from what I saw