Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll add...

My 026 are built for work. Max torque I can get out of 50cc. They arent built to win races, even in a "twig" the size you were cutting. I could care less.

Slap a 20" 3/8 standard on both and cut an oak log. I'd wager some dough on who'd get through it the most times in a minute.

The saw counts, but the chain in a cant matters just as much, if not more.

Would be nice if we could get the Dyno going this year.

@malk315 @wcorey

Any chance we can do dyno runs friday?

I know it' hard to tell from this pic.20180121_053049.jpgbut thats what shes wearing now.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love the spikes!

16 or 18 Wayne? My favorite on my MOFO 026 is 16" 3/8 square file. It really works well.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the chain in a cant matters much more.

Fixed and,
I’d love to see dyno results, just for chits and giggles. I’d probably always get my azz handed to me in a three cut vs. someone with a lesser saw. It’s not something I practice. Sure is fun though.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll add...

My 026 are built for work. Max torque I can get out of 50cc. They arent built to win races, even in a "twig" the size you were cutting. I could care less.

Slap a 20" 3/8 standard on both and cut an oak log. I'd wager some dough on who'd get through it the most times in a minute.

@malk315 @wcorey

Have you built anything besides a work saw?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mason, IIRC, you were filing your chain and setting rakers just before this video ................ you can see the dust cloud from my setup after each cut

Chain: I'll have more time for muh chains this spring.

Beating a clapped out box stock chain with two tanks on it isnt exactely what I would be bragging about, but if it suites you, Jason would like to make sure that you remember how to get to Dans this April.
I’ll be ready :D. I has a mike lee race chain for my large mount husky saws.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll add...

@malk315 @wcorey

My 2153 wears a 20” 3/8ths bar and I’d take you up your wager! And it’s just a work saw too!

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As big of a toad as a stock 026 is, it’s amazing the gains they do achieve when ported. A 2253 is hot out of the box!
I like the 20” .325 set up on my 2253, I like the extra reach. When I get my chains used up I’ll probably switch it to 3/8ths so everything has the same chain, makes life easier

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

@malk315 @wcorey

Hey Al, this is out of my hands, the latest version dyno hardware has been collecting dust for a long time waiting for portable software. Software is currently marooned on Erik's microcomputer..., no software, no dyno.

I have a mountain of saws waiting patiently for dyno time...

Not to put the pressure over onto Erik (hint, hint, lol), I know he's been busy with other things and I try to resist pestering him about it.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Al, this is out of my hands, the latest version dyno hardware has been collecting dust for a long time waiting for portable software. Software is currently marooned on Erik's microcomputer..., no software, no dyno.

I have a mountain of saws waiting patiently for dyno time...

Not to put the pressure over onto Erik (hint, hint, lol), I know he's been busy with other things and I try to resist pestering him about it.

I will make an effort to do the following by April:
  • Change the software that is known working decently with the motorcycle brake dyno that Bill left with me (in my garage!) to store all 400 samples per second of load cell data when doing a run.
  • Once the above is done, implement the digital filter Shaun Carr gave me.
  • Once the filter is implemented, add user interface to allow the filter to be applied to an existing run with a settable Tau parameter (which tunes the filter) and plot the results. Then we can actually test how well the filter will work (a manual exercise in excel showed it was way better than any decimation setup to date) without have to do another run. This way if a particular setting cleans up the graph better than other settings, we can use the best setting without having to re-run
  • Make the default setting for Tau the best value that works for well for most situations.
Given the time period and availability to test, this is the "lowest hanging fruit" on this one.
If I can get this done, I can focus on making the software such that it can be easily installed on other hardware such as what Bill has that needs working software. The key there is for me to be able to give Bill updates that he can install w/o requiring a visit!

The motorcycle dyno needs some maintenance possibly too on the mechanical side. If I get the changes made perhaps I can hand it back to Bill for a tune-up.

If I make progress you guys will be the first to know!
Hopefully work will continue to be sane so I can spend some time on this.