Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I watched my video again. The second the lower spike caught the wood, the chain locked up. I am not quite sure what to do to correct that, but just stating my observation.

I had the same observation when I watched it the first time. It reminded me of having a set of big spikes on my 440. In the oak I cut it was a real PITA! I do like the roller catcher, and for felling, two dogs is definitely nice, but for bucking firewood, a smaller single dog is way easier to deal with. There's something about that lower downward pointing spike that causes problems. I also kept getting pieces stuck on it when bucking stuff under about 5". The chain would put the wood in motion and it'd get lodged on that spike. Switching back to a small dog doesn't look as cool, but it works better and won't tear my pants as easily either.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't really race my saws. Tough for people to understand. They are work saws. I don't really care if I lose by a second. Much more things in this life to worry about. [emoji106]

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't really race my saws. Tough for people to understand. They are work saws. I don't really care if I lose by a second. Much more things in this life to worry about. [emoji106]
Very true, I have sold faster saws to keep saws I just enjoy running more

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I remember when I thought like that.

I told myself all kinds of reasons (excuses) on the way home from that GTG....

:D