Saw video thread

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 207343 View attachment 207344 I think my oil tank is leaking. That's the 630 I just put up. Passed a vac test this morning.
Crap. And that 42" 590 I just posted also has a Golf piston. I didn't know it was a Golf, but apparently that's what the Duke sells on ebay. It's like 6-8g heavier than stock, super thick, I think I only shaved off 2g with a popup and cutting the side skirts. The pin is shorter too. It has more meat on it than that jonsered piston, so maybe it will hold up?

Did it catch a ring, or was it 100% piston's fault?

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crap. And that 42" 590 I just posted also has a Golf piston. I didn't know it was a Golf, but apparently that's what the Duke sells on ebay. It's like 6-8g heavier than stock, super thick, I think I only shaved off 2g with a popup and cutting the side skirts. The pin is shorter too. It has more meat on it than that jonsered piston, so maybe it will hold up?

Did it catch a ring, or was it 100% piston's fault?
The crankcase filled up with oil.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, it started then hydro locked? That makes sense. I thought the leak came after the failure. It did run a little smokey a couple videos ago, but not bad.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fired it up to check the oiler, revved it a few times and bam, that was it. No smoke before hand, I think it let go all at once and flooded the crankcase.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics of the upper transfers?
I went out and pulled the piston out of the cylinder and I guess I was wrong about the gasket failing. It looks like I lost a clip and the piston pin rode out and caught the transfer. Then the broken pieces of the piston got caught between the counterweights and case and broke through onto the oil tank. I'm pretty sure I installed both clips and they were oem.

KIMG0464.JPG

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went out and pulled the piston out of the cylinder and I guess I was wrong about the gasket failing. It looks like I lost a clip and the piston pin rode out and caught the transfer. Then the broken pieces of the piston got caught between the counterweights and case and broke through onto the oil tank. I'm pretty sure I installed both clips and they were oem.

View attachment 207360
That was my guess.
You’ll never do that again.