Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks, enjoy

once ya have one your lost without one
I used it yesterday. I couldn’t believe how much easier it made putting a saw back together (I do this for a living). You can really feel how tight the tolerances are. The saw is steady as a rock in the vise.

Ax-man

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
VERY NICE. I have been watching some of your video's . Ever since I seen some of the older earlier versions of your vice I had to have something similar for my bench . I finally got around to making one . The one I made is kind of similar in design only homemade using what I had for metal and hardware I had around here in my shop. Your design is like a super deluxe version of what I did and much more user friendly .

I wished I had seen this video earlier . I like the adjustability of your design. I never did anything like this and wasn't even sure I would really like it but after seeing your design I wish I would have been on the ball a little more for making the height more adjustable like you did. I made mine just a little too high . Your design solves that problem. Good job on that one.

What little I have used my homemade vice it is the way to go for tearing a saw down and putting it back together.

I like your selection of materials and the different fasteners for loosening and tightening . You have a very good product and I know you will do well with it. I just hope someone doesn't come along and copy your design and make a cheaper version of it . That would not be cool. I would almost bet that will happen once the word gets out.

I am not really new here but this is my first reply mostly because I have been lurking and getting info for porting specs and different techniques for a project saw I am working on.. When I seen this I just had to reply . Again very nice job on your new vice and good luck . In my book it is a winner.

Last edited: