Sabre Tooth Customs

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not my YT channel, but I watch every vid John puts out.
I'm not trying to add to the drama.
The only reason I made the post was maybe to keep an honest working person from wasting their money.

I wasn't trying to suggest you had anything to do with the youtubers and do think you're doing people here a service by posting those up.
Going back a ways before this forum and 'youtube builders' were much of a thing, there were "builder wars" on the forums on occasion, bad blood, back and forth, tit for tat 'disagreements' between individual builders stemming from various things said or done. Fanboys of the builders would take sides getting into the fray, many panties got twisted and it would get pretty divisive/messy at times.

Now everybody (here anyway) gets along, mostly, but there's still a little rift between the 'forum guys' and the 'youtube guy's' that pops up now and again.
I can't speak for all obviously but there's a certain undercurrent of general perception that the forum based builders are the real pro's/salt 'o the earth and youtube based builders are hacks and/or scammers.
The forum builders get peer revue'd/vetted and culls are quickly, or at least eventually, weeded out. Whereas youtubers avoid forums because their hype marketing, poor work and/or ridiculous prices get exposed quickly and they can't control/alter their own content like on youtube. Personally I just have very little patience for people rambling away on long videos, unless they get right to the point.
Not saying they're all bad, YMMV...

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I wasn't trying to suggest you had anything to do with the youtubers and do think you're doing people here a service by posting those up.
Going back a ways before this forum and 'youtube builders' were much of a thing, there were "builder wars" on the forums on occasion, bad blood, back and forth, tit for tat 'disagreements' between individual builders stemming from various things said or done. Fanboys of the builders would take sides getting into the fray, many panties got twisted and it would get pretty divisive/messy at times.

Now everybody (here anyway) gets along, mostly, but there's still a little rift between the 'forum guys' and the 'youtube guy's' that pops up now and again.
I can't speak for all obviously but there's a certain undercurrent of general perception that the forum based builders are the real pro's/salt 'o the earth and youtube based builders are hacks and/or scammers.
The forum builders get peer revue'd/vetted and culls are quickly, or at least eventually, weeded out. Whereas youtubers avoid forums because their hype marketing, poor work and/or ridiculous prices get exposed quickly and they can't control/alter their own content like on youtube. Personally I just have very little patience for people rambling away on long videos, unless they get right to the point.
Well said Bill

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What in tarnation is up with that jackass pecker muffler cover? Blow some exhaust be in yer face I reckon, then fall off if you look at it wrong. Those welds, nuff said

Clint53

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Well said. I agree totally.
I've been on the forum's way longer than on YT. I just don't post much.
My opinion about YT saw builders is about 90% don't know what they are doing and are teaching others the same.
Now on the forums about 90% do know what they are doing and are very helpful to young builders.
I don't know how it got started on YT about low compression on the top end and digging out the lowers, but it is teaching young builders the wrong way.
As you can tell this is one of my pet peeves about YT saw builders.
I don't get into much detail about my saw building on YT because that 90% will tell me I'm wrong. It's just not worth the argument.
Also, I do try and keep my vids short and to the point. I'm not there to make money. I'm there to share and possibly help someone.
Clint

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well said. I agree totally.
I've been on the forum's way longer than on YT. I just don't post much.
My opinion about YT saw builders is about 90% don't know what they are doing and are teaching others the same.
Now on the forums about 90% do know what they are doing and are very helpful to young builders.
I don't know how it got started on YT about low compression on the top end and digging out the lowers, but it is teaching young builders the wrong way.
As you can tell this is one of my pet peeves about YT saw builders.
I don't get into much detail about my saw building on YT because that 90% will tell me I'm wrong. It's just not worth the argument.
Also, I do try and keep my vids short and to the point. I'm not there to make money. I'm there to share and possibly help someone.
Clint
Excellent post!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This fella in these vids is a pile of *s-word IMHO

Feeds off drama to say the least
No idea who he is never heard of him
Too many Porter's out there now.
Can't believe nobody took
Terminator worksaws
I thought that was a good name
But fabz stayed with lightning performance for some reason.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No idea who he is never heard of him
Too many Porter's out there now.
Can't believe nobody took
Terminator worksaws
I thought that was a good name
But fabz stayed with lightning performance for some reason.

You think fabz was lighting performance?