Ronie's 660 kit saw

BuxtonSaws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Finally success, I spent the morning trying to figure out how to get my tool rest raised up high enough and after 3 times having this cylinder on and off the lath, I think I got it. This is the Farmartec cylinder that came with the kit, it looks like I made a small squish band but the second time I had it on the lathe I wasn't cutting all the way to the bore and I didn't cut it quite as deep the third time I had it on the lathe. So I raised the tool rest, shimmed the bar and set the bar at a little angle. One other thing I did was to put another dial indicator on the tool rest so I could see when I was at the bore. Thanks for the help@Mastermind, @Stump Shot, @huskihl and @BuxtonSaws. If I forgot anyone, thanks to you too.

View attachment 306026
Looks real good now! Definitely takes a little playing but you're definitely on track.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May the person who started out perfect please come forward.

I ruined two jugs one day. At the time I was using HSS, and didn't have the heel of my cutter cut back at a steep enough angle. Was rubbing the plating, and wore thru. At least I only fubared two. LOL

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ruined two jugs one day. At the time I was using HSS, and didn't have the heel of my cutter cut back at a steep enough angle. Was rubbing the plating, and wore thru. At least I only fubared two. LOL
First one I screwed up was a brand new 346 cylinder. Worked my way out to the edge and must’ve been going too fast. It crashed and peeled some of the plating similar to what Ronie’s did

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First one I screwed up was a brand new 346 cylinder. Worked my way out to the edge and must’ve been going too fast. It crashed and peeled some of the plating similar to what Ronie’s did

First cylinder I ruined was a NLA 254. :rolleyes:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You will never ruin a jug if you never port anything though. Good reason to give up huh?

LOL

Sound like my one Cousin. He didn't like paying income tax, so he just let his wife work. No income, no income tax. Brilliant, no? Lol

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sound like my one Cousin. He didn't like paying income tax, so he just let his wife work. No income, no income tax. Brilliant, no? Lol
I wish I could talk my wife into that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fall short a lot.

We all do, your drum beat however rings steady and true to do the right thing for your customer for all to see and be a guide for all.
For myself personally and I've said this on numerous occasions, I'm not in the saw business, I'm in the making people happy business, one by one. Just happens to be good running chainsaws are able to do that.