Ronie's 361 kit saw

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the quickest time leaned out was around 12 seconds, about 3 or 4 seconds quicker. I need to work on the tune some more.
Just wanted to add that it started out at 14,950 WOT in the video.

Theoretically the port timing will dictate the upper rpm limits. You did a great job.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks really good. It still has to break in, that’s a new oem jug and new rings.

So the AM cylinder was 4 seconds faster? Was that a typo?

Running top ring only I am assuming?

Muffler fully gutted, right?

I think mine have more from the band than yours. My recipe came out of necessity when I had to fix a JMS 361 for a member here.

I’d try an 044 carb if you can. See if you like it before you swap the choke shafts.

There is a nylon mesh AM filter for the 361, it helps a lot. The factory fleeced one is restrictive. Also, the rear air horn needs to be skeletonized for more airflow. Cut off the bottom rounded portion and smooth it all out.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks really good. It still has to break in, that’s a new oem jug and new rings.

So the AM cylinder was 4 seconds faster? Was that a typo?

Running top ring only I am assuming?

Muffler fully gutted, right?

I think mine have more from the band than yours. My recipe came out of necessity when I had to fix a JMS 361 for a member here.

I’d try an 044 carb if you can. See if you like it before you swap the choke shafts.

There is a nylon mesh AM filter for the 361, it helps a lot. The factory fleeced one is restrictive. Also, the rear air horn needs to be skeletonized for more airflow. Cut off the bottom rounded portion and smooth it all out.
Thanks, It was 4 seconds faster before I leaned it out, it's now 2 or 3 seconds faster than the AM cylinder. It has the nylon filter and a single ring.