toolmaker

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Guys.
The recoil spring on the blower that I am working on came out of the housing and went TWAAAANNNGG!!

Swear jar is nearly full and I can't get the spring back in.
Is it possible?
Is there a trick?
Thanks!

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is possible. Sometimes you will need a nail driven into a board to wind it on, then use a snap tie to keep it together until you get it in the recoil housing. Keep at it, you can do it.
Yea , done that , If you’re still having problems,YouTube has a bunch of vids , on how to do it , you can do it 👍

Last edited:

Coupe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always feel as though you need a third lot of fingers. Work on it you will get it. Yes I sometimes use 4 nails in a peice of ply and bend the nails over on the ends, pit a cable tie around ouyside when wound. Have nails so you can twist to the centre when wound.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always feel as though you need a third lot of fingers. Work on it you will get it. Yes I sometimes use 4 nails in a peice of ply and bend the nails over on the ends, pit a cable tie around ouyside when wound. Have nails so you can twist to the centre when wound.
I'm already using a 5 gal. carboy. Cant get no bigger
Next step might involve an 8 Gallon KEG. Don't think you're alone with recoil issues.