Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raising kids.....
We always want our kids to have a “better” life than we did. We attempt to shield the from mistakes we have made, in hopes, they don’t make the same. I look at my kids, and think how spoiled they can be...and yes, them being spoiled is my fault. One day, I’d love to take my kids...probably around their early teens, to a place that would humble them a bit. Let them see how others thrive with much less. mine of my best friends took a trip to a village in Africa. Said it changed his life, and his perspective.....

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raising kids.....
We always want our kids to have a “better” life than we did. We attempt to shield the from mistakes we have made, in hopes, they don’t make the same. I look at my kids, and think how spoiled they can be...and yes, them being spoiled is my fault. One day, I’d love to take my kids...probably around their early teens, to a place that would humble them a bit. Let them see how others thrive with much less. mine of my best friends took a trip to a village in Africa. Said it changed his life, and his perspective.....
I've also had that thought

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today, minding my own business doing some front yard work when out of nowhere a neighbor four houses down flags me down that she needs some help.

She is an older lady that has to use an electric wheel chair to get around as she lives all by her self.

She happened to lock her self out of the front door which is the only way to access her house in the wheel chair.

She needed help in someone going through the back porch, up the stairs, through the back door to unlock the front door to be able to get back home.

My first good deed in the new year, totally unexpected.

Happy New Years dear friends!

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raising kids.....

You will learn a lot about others and yourself the more you travel. Until then, you will really only have one perspective to draw from. I've lived in a lot of places, both in the US and abroad, and living amongst a population gains you perspective you never knew could have even existed(and candid conversations no tourists will ever hear or be involved in). You really can not even begin to convey it to folks who are simply tourists.

As far as kids go, I never thought I had a stable enough life, or enough pride to bring kids in to the world - at least not intentionally. And I should admit I am not a fan of kids, and cherish my freedom. I've also never thought the world needed more people - especially people from my own genes. I'm more of a 'get off my lawn' sorta guy.

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought that crosses my mind every day: why do I bother going on? Sure isnt much good in it.

That’s rough, I’m wrapping up 35 years in the tech business the last 21 years with the same company. I think I have gotten the best out of it.

I’m going to see if I can’t find part time in an old fashioned hardware store to keep me out of trouble.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought that crosses my mind every day: why do I bother going on? Sure isnt much good in it.

That's not the way to think my friend...

Not trying to tell you your business but if that's how you are thinking you need to talk to someone ASAP

We all probably think that from time to time but not daily

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's not the way to think my friend...

Not trying to tell you your business but if that's how you are thinking you need to talk to someone ASAP

We all probably think that from time to time but not daily
I just need to get out of the loveless relationship I am in. I'm just constantly doing both of our parts and I'm frustrated. It seems everything I say falls on deaf ears. We made a beautiful daughter together who is the light of my life, its what keeps me going.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just need to get out of the loveless relationship I am in. I'm just constantly doing both of our parts and I'm frustrated. It seems everything I say falls on deaf ears. We made a beautiful daughter together who is the light of my life, its what keeps me going.

I have a 37 year old son in the exact same situation

Beautiful 6 year old daughter and the prospect of either 12 more years of hell or 12 years of child support and he can't decide which

But you said she keeps you going, as my granddaughter does for my son, so just focus on her

Yeah, easy enough for me to say, I know

If you ever want to talk or whatever PM me

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 37 year old son in the exact same situation

Beautiful 6 year old daughter and the prospect of either 12 more years of hell or 12 years of child support and he can't decide which

But you said she keeps you going, as my granddaughter does for my son, so just focus on her

Yeah, easy enough for me to say, I know

If you ever want to talk or whatever PM me
I appreciate the words! That is essentially my position with a younger child. My daughters mother is a good person, but has no concept of give and take. She merely takes, I've had enough.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First time on unemployment in ten years, first 6 weeks of claims denied because I filled a form out wrong. Oy vay!
giphy.gif

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geez, if they are there to assist, why don't they pick-up tha dang phone and call to verify. :facepalm:
My employer called them up and read them the riot act. I also called, filed an appeal and contacted some people who are more powerful than I.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raising kids.....

A trip to a place like you spoke of is an eye-opener. I heartily encourage it.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very thankful for all that I've experienced in life. Even many of the mistakes have helped me
see things from the right perspective afterward. I've made plenty of them so there are a lot of
lessons learned. Today is Friday, and I'm not sure how its more special than Monday. But I'm
glad to have another day.