Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell extra credit was the only way I graduated high school........or was it? I heard a group of my teachers say "dammit just pass Bill G. Someone in that family needs to make it out of school" The funny thing is I went on to college to become a trades teacher and returned to teach with some of those folks.

Last edited:

greystone mountain man

Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
BBQing pork belly meat & ribs, fat exploded and sprayed boiling lard into my face - not fun!
Just think you had to time that just right to be in the right spot at the right time with the pressure built just right to have a mass ejaculation of that hot "lard".
I bet it's take a while to be able to do that again while BBQing !

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn Bill, I hope that is a past injury and not a recent one.
Sorry for such a looooooong story but heck here it is.

It happened Saturday night October 22, 2022. Well by Sunday I knew I was in trouble and I could not treat the burns myself. I could not wear any type of footwear so I put some garbage bags on my feet and phoned one of my sons since I could not drive myself. We went to the local ER and the ole army doc said "ahh they are not too bad take two aspirin and call your local doc next week". I am not kidding the ER had the nurses wrap them in plastic food wrap. Since they wanted to preserve the water blister/bags They slapped some new garbage bags on them. I called my local doc but she could not see me until Wednesday. I put some new garbage bags on them and called a different son to run me there. Her and her nurse took one look and said get to the burn unit at the University of Iowa (which is just 45 minutes away). The doctor's nurse did a better job of bandaging the feet and found me a a pair of big surgical shoes which are basically sandals. They were awesome because I could actually navigate around a bit now. I am not kidding, almost two years later when I go to the office some still joke , "your the guy that came in wearing garbage bags for shoes". I called the University of Iowa that day and they would not accept me due to insurance. What a crock of cow poop. I knew I needed to get somewhere so for the next few days I tried to figure something out with my doggie. I knew I would be gone for at least a few days and needed a home for him. I called a few kennels and since I had no proof of up to date vaccinations no boarder would take him. He was a rescue from a animal shelter several counties away in Iowa. At the time I got him the shelter was full and a local woman had been fostering him. I called her and she said she could not take him but to give her a few minutes. A few minutes later the animal shelter called me, I explained the situation and they said bring him out Sunday they would assist. Now that was straightened out I called the U of I on Saturday and said "so what if I just show up" She says "you can try, but good luck since there is a home football game today". Those that are familiar with the U of I know the hospital is across the street from the stadium. Well I knew I had to get somewhere. I decided to go back to the local ER on Sunday (one week after the injury) and refuse to leave without being sent to a burn unit. In preparation I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning up here. This is how things go for me. While cleaning up a I was burning trash in the burn barrel. I had my phone in my bib overalls pocket. I bent down to throw something in the burn barrel and out went the phone, right into the fire. Well great now I have no communication. I took off on the Mule to go to my brothers so I could phone my son. He was actually heading this direction so off to US Cellular we went for a new phone. I asked him to come over Sunday afternoon and pick me up along with the dog. I told him I wanted to be dropped at the ER and for him to leave with the dog headed to the shelter. He dropped me back at our local ER Sunday and I saw the same ole 75 year old army doc. I said I was not going to leave unless it was to a burn unit. This time he realized the severity and agreed I needed to be seen in a burn unit. They phoned the University of Iowa. One nurse came back and said the woman she spoke with there actually started swearing at her. I sat there all evening. I will say the ole Doc's attitude was much better this week. I think he realized he made a mistake sending me home a week before and in the 7 days I had gotten much worse. They called around and found a burn unit 3 hours northeast of me up near Chicago. They asked if I could get there. I said well do you expect me to walk? So off in an ambulance I went. I arrived about 1AM and off to the shower they took me. They had to begin removing the dead tissue. I guess it is called debriding. I call it another not family friendly term. Of course they give you a pain injection but that was a joke. This went on for about a week then it was off to surgery for skin grafts. They skin me like a coon and sew it on the bad parts. I get out of surgery and they put me on a pain pump. Of course they are set to only give a set amount no matter how many times you hit the button. Well someone must have set it a bit high as my blood pressure dropped to 60\40. They started scooting a bit and gave me a shot of Narcan. I spent the next roughly 10 days there trying to learn to walk again. They pulled the staples Thursday November 17 and said you are going home tomorrow. I said hell no I am not, they said hell yes you are, well they won. I could not arrange for a ride home so they located someone and I got home here just before Midnight Friday night. I got up Saturday morning November 19th and thought well what do I do now. The accident happened just shy of 4 weeks before and it was warm. I had not brought any wood up to the boiler yet. Now it was the third week of November and I needed to get the outdoor boiler going. My feet and legs were well bandaged so I put on some heavy socks, slipped on the surgical sandals and went to cut wood. I had no choice, the doggie was coming home the next day and he needed a warm house.

A man ha to have priorities.
This pic was taken about 14 hours after being released from the hospital.

Shoes.JPG

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Random thought of the day. Burns suck. Cutting wood is fun.