Random Thought Of The Day

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
5:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why is it that 12 ounces of heavily sugared coffee can't keep me going for more than half an hour in the morning, but having a soda after 8 p.m. can keep me up until 2 a.m.?

LOL. I have the same problem with chocolate chips.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
5:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why does some cylinder plating flake more than others?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already have a headache, and found an extra intake boot clamp after having just installed what I thought was the one off my 395, after confirming it was not for the 9010 that is sitting beside it. I have no idea where it came from or why I would have another. Makes my head hurt worse trying to figure it out.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already have a headache, and found an extra intake boot clamp after having just installed what I thought was the one off my 395, after confirming it was not for the 9010 that is sitting beside it. I have no idea where it came from or why I would have another. Makes my head hurt worse trying to figure it out.
Are you sure it's not the filter clamp off the 395?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure it's not the filter clamp off the 395?
Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy, I just couldn't figure out where else one would go. I hadn't got to the filter yet. Are they the same, or does one need to go specifically on the cylinder?

This is why I don't like taking forever on these projects, but it always happens, then I start to forget how they went together.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy, I just couldn't figure out where else one would go. I hadn't got to the filter yet. Are they the same, or does one need to go specifically on the cylinder?

This is why I don't like taking forever on these projects, but it always happens, then I start to forget how they went together.
I'm not 100% sure if they're different, I just know I had an extra 395 filter clamp floating around my bench that drove me nuts too. My mindset is "If it works, use it!", so if one fits the intake boot I'd use it without a second thought.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is the widest bar stud span on a chainsaw with 9mm studs?

The widest I encountered is 44.3mm on a Husqvarna 365 Special.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm doing my 35th MS661 today. I've done this saw at least 5 different ways so far. I'll be doing a large batch of MS261s in a few days. I've done well over 100 MS261s........and I've done all but a few the exact same way. Weird huh?

Plus........I've had a insanely bad backache for a week or so. Makes it tough to concentrate on my work. :(

What is your random thought of the day?

Just curious after reading this first post in this thread how many saws's you have ported over the years @Mastermind . I know some people keep track of these types of things. Numbers like these I find very interesting.
Ryan

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious after reading this first post in this thread how many saws's you have ported over the years @Mastermind . I know some people keep track of these types of things. Numbers like these I find very interesting.
Ryan

Over 2300

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag