Random Thought Of The Day

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dear EVERYONE: Your spring trip to Florida has just been canceled by the governor. Stay the *f-word home.
i just wish all these ass-hats from chicago and new york would stop flooding into our town. lots of people just starting vacation early. yeah, its fine, just come from the worst effected area on the *f-wording planet and come to a small rural area that so far has no cases. *f-wording *a-holes

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have sympathy for both sides. If you live in an effected area, but you and your family don't have it, I can see wanting to get out of Dodge.

You would likely do the same.

I have half a mind to just grab the Grandkids and go up to the cabin, but w/o any electric of a shower, it is not really feasible. Besides, they are not high risk.

Last edited:

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have sympathy for both sides. If you live in an effected area, but you and your family don't have it, I can see wanted to get out of Dodge.

You would likely do the same.

I have half a mind to just grab the Grandkids and go up to the cabin, but w/o any electric of a shower, it is not really feasible. Besides, they are not high risk.
my fam has a great place up in the UP, i could easily head up there, running water and all that. but that would be a dick move. its funny, the role reversal. most of the year im the local, *b-wording about all the a-hole summer people. then i go to big bay, and im the one gettin funny looks from locals. i see both sides too, but governors have said stay put, they didnt say “stay put * unless your rich and have a lake house 1000 miles away. in that case, go on ahead, enjoy yourselves.”

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my fam has a great place up in the UP, i could easily head up there, running water and all that. but that would be a dick move. its funny, the role reversal. most of the year im the local, *b-wording about all the a-hole summer people. then i go to big bay, and im the one gettin funny looks from locals. i see both sides too, but governors have said stay put, they didnt say “stay put * unless your rich and have a lake house 1000 miles away. in that case, go on ahead, enjoy yourselves.”
Very well said! I live in a cabin/tourist area myself and the amount of " city " people here on the weekend really pisses me off. They just don't care, well they don't care about the locals normally but then they come up north during a stay at home order! Come on!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We can argue chicken or the egg all day long, but I will tell you there is no such thing as "stay at home" and my wife is panicked to go food shopping.

Also, does the Gov really have the authority to tell you where you can live, and when do they have it and what else can they do??? Gets kinda scary when you think about it.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We can argue chicken or the egg all day long, but I will tell you there is no such thing as "stay at home" and my wife is panicked to go food shopping.

Also, does the Gov really have the authority to tell you where you can live, and when do they have it and what else can they do??? Gets kinda scary when you think about it.
Your home is listed on your taxes. You can only homestead one property. That is where we should all be right now! And I agree we all need groceries. But what we don't need is for people to drive 1-300 miles and act like they are locals, no actually morons and run the risk of infecting who knows how many people.
I can tell you this my town of 400 people does not have the hospital to take care of all the extra people who are being extremely selfish and stupid that won't stay home!

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your home is listed on your taxes. You can only homestead one property. That is where we should all be right now! And I agree we all need groceries. But what we don't need is for people to drive 1-300 miles and act like they are locals, no actually morons and run the risk of infecting who knows how many people.
I can tell you this my town of 400 people does not have the hospital to take care of all the extra people who are being extremely selfish and stupid that won't stay home!
yep. we have 1 tiny little hospital that is basically just long term care at this point, very little in the way of acute care within an hour of here. frankfort goes from 1200 or so people to close to 10000 in the summer. if that chit happens here it could be a real mess. still no confirmed cases in the county.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you own a second home you pay taxes on that also.

I'm not advocating acting like a jerk, I'm just saying I don't think the Gov always knows best!

It is amazing how quickly fear drives opinions, and the opinions are always concerning your own safety! (and bias against "rich people").

To be candid, people are safer from this stuff in less crowded environments.

I wish they focused as much attention on keeping illegals out of the Country as they do in keeping people from going to their vacation homes!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you own a second home you pay taxes on that also.

I'm not advocating acting like a jerk, I'm just saying I don't think the Gov always knows best!

It is amazing how quickly fear drives opinions, and the opinions are always concerning your own safety! (and bias against "rich people").

To be candid, people are safer from this stuff in less crowded environments.

I wish they focused as much attention on keeping illegals out of the Country as they do in keeping people from going to their vacation homes!

Well people traveling when they shouldn't have been is kind how we got into this predicament in the first place.