Random pics (that you took) thread...

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats about normal for that size. Sometimes rotating them more frequently helps. I have to rotate the tires on my truck every 3k or they get real choppy.
That's what my fear is.

My vote is it's time to go get the diesel Sprinter and teach her how to put chains on in the winter.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what my fear is.

My vote is it's time to go get the diesel Sprinter and teach her how to put chains on in the winter.

The sprinters are powerful and reliable but are very utilitarian. They always feel like you are on a city bus and you are obligated to pick up anybody whenever you stop!

Our Odyssey would go 70k on a set of tires. But they have so many suspension rattles and clunks. Drove me nuts. Replaced all the struts, bar links, mounts and such. Was quiet for a year. Got so pissed i traded it for Santa Fe. Only has 1700 miles on it now but no regrets yet.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The sprinters are powerful and reliable but are very utilitarian. They always feel like you are on a city bus and you are obligated to pick up anybody whenever you stop!

Our Odyssey would go 70k on a set of tires. But they have so many suspension rattles and clunks. Drove me nuts. Replaced all the struts, bar links, mounts and such. Was quiet for a year. Got so pissed i traded it for Santa Fe. Only has 1700 miles on it now but no regrets yet.
Just got my suburban up and running yesterday, you'll never guess what was wrong with it, as soon as I went to pull the distributor cap I knew what the last guy who worked on it in my driveway did:comp4:.
It's a 99 and has the cap with a row of terminals down each side that corresponds to the bank of cylinders, we the guy who put the wires on thought that the terminals went just like the cylinders on their bank, 2,4,6,8 and 1,3,5,7, since I had changed out the distributor because of the slop in it I thought the popping was because I dropped it in a tooth off :cunaooooo:. I'll be having a talk with the guy who did the wires today, its not his first time doing them on this since he's changed them out pretty much every yr I've owned it lol.
It was actually kinda nice to be wrong on this one as it was an easy and cheap fix, just wish I would have done it last fall when it wouldn't run, the good thing is that's another winter I didn't drive it :clapclap:.
Always wanted a big sprinter, glad I didn't get one now, that's a lot of times I would have felt bad for not picking people up.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got my suburban up and running yesterday, you'll never guess what was wrong with it, as soon as I went to pull the distributor cap I knew what the last guy who worked on it in my driveway did:comp4:.
It's a 99 and has the cap with a row of terminals down each side that corresponds to the bank of cylinders, we the guy who put the wires on thought that the terminals went just like the cylinders on their bank, 2,4,6,8 and 1,3,5,7, since I had changed out the distributor because of the slop in it I thought the popping was because I dropped it in a tooth off :cunaooooo:. I'll be having a talk with the guy who did the wires today, its not his first time doing them on this since he's changed them out pretty much every yr I've owned it lol.
It was actually kinda nice to be wrong on this one as it was an easy and cheap fix, just wish I would have done it last fall when it wouldn't run, the good thing is that's another winter I didn't drive it :clapclap:.
Always wanted a big sprinter, glad I didn't get one now, that's a lot of times I would have felt bad for not picking people up.

We have 3 kids, and like to go camping, so I'm thinking long wheelbase and medium height roof 3/4 ton. Take out the last 2 rows for hauling stuff, and put them back in to pick folks up on the way to church.

Winner winner.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Our Volvo had 50 series tires on 16inch rims. These are standard tires in Europe nowadays, but they are still expensive, don't last, love to pop if you even look at a pot hole wrong, and beat the bajeesus out of you. I mean, 50 series tires on a family car? F-off. The new Renault has 60 series. Rides like an American lounger on the fwy and a European car on the local streets. Just perfect.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That the endnof this years wood. Gonna have to go nock down another ash tree or dip into next years wood
26db5da3005dd88fe89850ff991c2cea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats the way i am too. Never been happy with any work for hire. Lot of "don't give a chit its not mine" around.
I’m a lot more picky than most of my customers. I could get away with poor quality on some jobs, but I wouldn’t feel right about it.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m a lot more picky than most of my customers. I could get away with poor quality on some jobs, but I wouldn’t feel right about it.

Me too Clint. Could get away with so much without the customer ever noticing. Not my business model to be sloppy just because i can.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our Sienna does that to a set of tires in less than 40k miles. We've had it aligned and checked multiple times, and everyone that looks at it says that it's "within spec".
Here's my 14 with 17'. 67,000 on van with 32,000 on the tires.
Front
20200428_123456.jpg

Back20200428_123439.jpg

Dealer told me once these vans go through a set of tires ever 40,000.

I feel the same way Wayne. But when you need it you need it.
I hear ya. And I have a hard time wanting to spend that coin on a trimmer granted I'll use it 20 times more often that a saw:facepalm:

18" with 235-55-18 tires. I even bought the Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring with an increased weight rating. Didn't help.
How do you like the Coopers otherwise? I have some CS4s on my can amd they have aged very well.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad it was that amd not the spider injectors. And I have zero problems driving by people.

We have 3 kids, and like to go camping, so I'm thinking long wheelbase and medium height roof 3/4 ton. Take out the last 2 rows for hauling stuff, and put them back in to pick folks up on the way to church.

Winner winner.

I was think about one of these with some bunk beds. https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2016-FORD-F550-5006648085

Granted I'm not a Ford guy but damn that a lot of vehicle.

You would go crazy working in a print shop bindrey seeing typos that slipped by the prepress and pressmen who make twice as much as you.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem with quality nowadays, is people don’t want to pay for it, most people want the cheapest bid. If someone calls and is looking for bids, we tell them to keep looking! Lol If someone dose not appreciate quality then they won’t like the price or the time it takes to achieve quality.