Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 238232
Keep kicking me while I'm down on this truck. First time I have had the cap off. Local shop put tires on week and a half ago. Gotta make a phone call tomorrow. Might have already been missing just need to check with them.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I can't believe a shop would pass on an opportunity to sell you some $5 apiece lug nuts.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worst paint job I’ve ever seen. This is from an actual “painter”. The whole house is like this. :drink:

View attachment 238238
I hate that kinda stuff, and sometimes the customer never knows, but it’s bad work! I have to bite my tongue when walking through some “really nice houses”! And some of the junk on the market that sells for big money, and is hack jobs!

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn. People suck.
I think the thing is cursed. Local shops have fluffers in small towns too.o_O
Funny thing is tire shop owner called me last week and said they were reviewing things and someone figured the taxes wrong and they had the cash difference in an envelope for me to pick up. Since I had my wife pay while I was at work I hadn't seen the receipt yet. Going to pick up some 1 1/4 pipe to make a front axle seal installer this morning.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the thing is cursed. Local shops have fluffers in small towns too.o_O
Funny thing is tire shop owner called me last week and said they were reviewing things and someone figured the taxes wrong and they had the cash difference in an envelope for me to pick up. Since I had my wife pay while I was at work I hadn't seen the receipt yet. Going to pick up some 1 1/4 pipe to make a front axle seal installer this morning.

Are those like the dodges where you have to remove the diff carrier? Dont think i have ever put front axle seals in a Ford. Or are you doing those big hub seals on the knuckle?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
18" with 235-55-18 tires. I even bought the Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring with an increased weight rating. Didn't help.

Thats about normal for that size. Sometimes rotating them more frequently helps. I have to rotate the tires on my truck every 3k or they get real choppy.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are those like the dodges where you have to remove the diff carrier? Dont think i have ever put front axle seals in a Ford. Or are you doing those big hub seals on the knuckle?
Hub seals for the vacuum 4 wheel drive. Got to pull axle for ball joints so going back with all new seals. This far down I don't want to go back in it any time soon.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 238251
I do my own painting. Takes me a little longer but I know it is done to my expectations. Kind of like mechanics work. LOL

Thats the way i am too. Never been happy with any work for hire. Lot of "don't give a chit its not mine" around.