Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
11:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be raising some holy hell!
Took two or three times of reminding them to knock what they charged off price of IPR. Supposedly didn't charge labor. It was just some small parts that I wanted to make sue were motorcraft but they were charging me 30% over what I had paid. Shop parts rates suck. If I had time and place I could have done work myself for about 1/3 what I was charged, but I can wait for better deals on parts. Lesson learned. Those pictures will be making the rounds in this area at some of the places this shop does work for.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took two or three times of reminding them to knock what they charged off price of IPR. Supposedly didn't charge labor. It was just some small parts that I wanted to make sue were motorcraft but they were charging me 30% over what I had paid. Shop parts rates suck. If I had time and place I could have done work myself for about 1/3 what I was charged, but I can wait for better deals on parts. Lesson learned. Those pictures will be making the rounds in this area at some of the places this shop does work for.

I'd be driving it back because of the code

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Starts easy and seems to run good. It is throwing code P0278 number 6 injector which is what started me digging deeper. Injectors were replaced while it was apart just as a precaution while it was that far down. That is a new code after it was worked on. Not impressed with the highly recommended shop I took it to. Had wife pay after work was done and when dad went to pick it up it wouldn't start in their lot. They didn't change IPR like I told them to do. They replaced for price of parts since it was supposed to have been done but that was an expensive part. Asked for old parts back and didn't get them. Went through the bill and they had charged me for parts that I had bought myself to make sure what go put in the motor. Then I found this mess. Steering is terrible but should have most parts today to start on that. Since I am doing the work I will know it is done right. Inner and outer tie rods as well as new front wheel bearings and rotors and pads.

Take it back and raise hell. That is just bullchit tight there. I never let a vehicle leave my bay like that.

Double check the axle u joints and ball joints for binding while you are there. They can cause the truck to be all over the road if they are not smooth.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take it back and raise hell. That is just bullchit tight there. I never let a vehicle leave my bay like that.

Double check the axle u joints and ball joints for binding while you are there. They can cause the truck to be all over the road if they are not smooth.
Forgot new ball joints are here, almost. Three of them anyway. That tracking was for the second lower. Work time is the problem. Can't trust wife to drive it and don't want my dad to have to take care of anymore of it for me. I keep telling people I need to be non-essential for the next two or three weeks so I can get caught up. Going to stop by o'reillys on way to work to pick up some Lucas extra heavy duty grease for small bearing in wheel bearing.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats a big azz limb!

Thats what I thought too.
There are still 2 of them the same size up there.
I have a feeling the base/trunk is hollow though.
Had a slightly smaller tree go down last summer in the same line and it was hollow about 3-4' up.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats what I thought too.
There are still 2 of them the same size up there.
I have a feeling the base/trunk is hollow though.
Had a slightly smaller tree go down last summer in the same line and it was hollow about 3-4' up.
I have one of those out back to cut up, leaving it since it's mainly off the ground, it also took out a couple smaller trees too. Just took this little guy out from behind the shed yesterday so I can raise the area and then move the shed back.
I think it was hit by lightening, it has a few odd marks on the lower portion of the stem, two healed and one didn't. When I cut the top off flat you could see three cracks intersecting in the middle, all three were black, I'll get a picture tonight. I'm glad I took it out, it was quite compromised where two limbs had broken off.
The rope is 3/4 and it stretched about two ft, you can see the mark it left in the ground. in the next two pictures.
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.32.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.31.26 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.30.53 AM.png

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Slicks and skinnies.
Did it sound decent? Or like a misfiring 305 plumbed through flexpipe?

It made the left turn and lit both them *b-wordes up flying straight. Was very impressive for being in Nor Topeka.

Earlier at Home Depot I saw a 03-07 Chevy Silverado with slicks but my hands were full.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20200427_185725.jpg
Keep kicking me while I'm down on this truck. First time I have had the cap off. Local shop put tires on week and a half ago. Gotta make a phone call tomorrow. Might have already been missing just need to check with them.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: