Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That brings back a lot of memories, we had a boat somewhat similar to that!, when I was a kid ! It was red and white! Lots of trout and good times
We have a 4.5 Johnson motor for it we got from Steve the boat guy for it.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We have issues with the Japanese beetles eating the good stuff around here, and the flange has a bolt circle that will make adding framework for insect netting easy.
Have you tried using Milky spore for those pesky beetles? I did. It may take a year or two to make a huge difference, as the product takes out the emerging white grubs that come from the eggs that they lay. The Grubs actually become more of the solution as they produce more of the spore, and as the grubs move around they extend the area of coverage.
It will take a year or two for the grub population to really reduce a lot. 3 years in, and I am not seeing any near the red raspberries anymore.
Once using this product you no longer use the instant or quick kill products. That would defeat the Milky spores effectiveness.
They claim results can last more that 10 years.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have you tried using Milky spore for those pesky beetles? I did. It may take a year or two to make a huge difference, as the product takes out the emerging white grubs that come from the eggs that they lay. The Grubs actually become more of the solution as they produce more of the spore, and as the grubs move around they extend the area of coverage.
It will take a year or two for the grub population to really reduce a lot. 3 years in, and I am not seeing any near the red raspberries anymore.
Once using this product you no longer use the instant or quick kill products. That would defeat the Milky spores effectiveness.
They claim results can last more that 10 years.

At my old property I did put down some milky spore, and it made a difference after 2 years or so. The last two years at our new place, I hadn't seen many of the beetles in our garden. This year has been bad. Tons of the Japanese beetles, and the Colorado potato bugs showed up in force and ate all my potato foliage.