High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Price per ton for 57 clean gravel in your area?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I am looking at the scale ticket for 23 tons on a dump truck. I have spent a lot of time in SW Wisconsin and seen the trucks ...........and roads.

FTG-05

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure what RIF means. Here RIF is getting chit canned through a reduction in force.
Reading Is Fundamental.

It means you can read, understand and comprehend the difference between a question vs a statement.

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reading Is Fundamental.

It means you can read, understand and comprehend the difference between a question vs a statement.
I agree reading is fundamental.
I will make it even clearer
Statement..........I say there is no way in hell that truck legally hauled 22 tons of anything, in any state, on any public road, including Tennessee.
Question.......Are you saying it did?

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your talking about what I got, no, I'm pretty sure it was a quad.
My buddy @bradb123 works for the company I got the stuff from keeping their equipment rolling.
Our dump trucks have two pusher axles. In the state of Wisconsin they can legally scale out at 73,000 pound.

ErnieG

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here in PA a tri-axle dump truck can legally haul 22-23 tons depending on there empty weigh and legally weight 73,280lbs max going down the road .

Ernie

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our dump trucks have two pusher axles. In the state of Wisconsin they can legally scale out at 73,000 pound.
I have seen the trucks up there in Wisconsin.............and the roads. They are not like ours. We used to have weight embargos on all the county blacktop roads from March 1 to June 1. There were signs at the entrance to the county roads from the state highway. If you followed the law you basically could not haul anything during that time period. I went out to take a picture of one of the signs a couple years ago and it was gone. I guess since no one was following the restriction they took them down.

In 1992 I was working for the Corps of Engineers at out local lock and dam. We were under a major reconstruction and they had to remove around 5000 ton of gravel, sand and a bit of asphalt. I lived just a bit over 2 miles away from there, up the levee, on top of the bluff. They agreed to haul it up there so we could fill in a ditch. Well it was the middle of the summer so the road was good........or so we thought. The trucks were rolling good in fact some days too good. Some nights when I would get home Dad would say he was not able to keep up with one dozer. Well one day I noticed there had not been trucks headed toward my place and they were going the other direction. I then seen one of the big payloaders head up the levee and I said awe chiiiit.......Sure enough, all that weight on the gravel road had taken its' toll and the trucks had sunk down past the gravel to the sand. One was stuck right in the middle of a dry flat road. Our road commissioner was not happy.

This is the road it got stuck in....................

1.jpg

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
7:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright-Checked on my last quote from last month, and my current price for KY #57 is $18.55 at the one of our quarries in town.

That does not include haul. My hourly rate for 2024 on a triaxle dump is $118.00 for private work. By the ton it’s $7.30/ton for a 20 mile haul. $7.60/ton for 25 miles Add 2% for $.20 if/when fuel goes over $4.50/gallon.

I think that comes out to ~$550 for a 21 ton load hauled. 21 tons is about all one of the on toad trucks we use can handle before we go over weight.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Illinois is limited to 54,000 lbs on a tandem and you must have a 20,000lb steer. My son was here Saturday and I asked him what the Kenworth t-800 scaled empty and he said right at 24,000. That is why we haul 15 ton