Porting Tools - Need Some Help

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a Dremel for well over 20 yrs. Twisted off many cables over the yrs and still going strong.
their Fortiflex system look very interesting. I asked them if I could use Foredom&CC handpieces, but they couldnt answer.
Ended up to buy a Foredom kit from CC.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, I forgot you are in Norway.

CC Specialties is a supplier of all sorts of porting tools. http://www.ccspecialtytool.com/Default.asp

McMaster-Carr is an Industrial supplier here in the states.

I've also got diamond points for a seller on Amazon. Lasco Diamond Products, Inc.

Here is one I use to bevel ports.
I've bought from CCSpecialty before, I guess those expensive diamond burr they have last for quite some time compared to chinese burrs.
I have two options as I can see, either buy 3mm collet for my 182 handpiece, or buy expensive diamond burr.
Those diamond burr will only be used to bewel ports with, so I guess I can survive the cost of quality.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used the same diamond burr for 3+ years. They last a long time.
I use a Foredom #8 handpiece and a 3/8" diamond ball burr to bevel ports. No need to use the right angle to do it.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used the same diamond burr for 3+ years. They last a long time.
I use a Foredom #8 handpiece and a 3/8" diamond ball burr to bevel ports. No need to use the right angle to do it.
I only have Foredom #28 handpiece but I guess it should work out.
3/8" diamond ball, do you use it to bewel port even on 346 OE's or do you go for a tad smaller ball burr for bewel TR ports?

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only have Foredom #28 handpiece but I guess it should work out.
3/8" diamond ball, do you use it to bewel port even on 346 OE's or do you go for a tad smaller ball burr for bewel TR ports?

The #28 handpiece will work fine. I use the 3/8" ball to bevel even small cylinders.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've had a Dremel for well over 20 yrs. Twisted off many cables over the yrs and still going strong.
I have 3 foredome Sr and a grizzly high tourqe,haven't used the grizzly much but I've used a foredome about every day for many years,most days for several hours and all I have ever done is replace brushes and broke shafts. There hand peices are superior to any I've used.

I'm gonna try a prodigy because I hear there good too.

Foredome is hands down the best I have used.

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Foredom also, grind with it. Dremel and Roto Zip flex for sanding and cratex.

Only thing I don't like about the Foredom is it takes a looooooooooog time to stop spinning.

I have always wanted to adapt a Foredom flex to the Roto Zip, lot more speed and stops almost instantly.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 3 foredome Sr and a grizzly high tourqe,haven't used the grizzly much but I've used a foredome about every day for many years,most days for several hours and all I have ever done is replace brushes and broke shafts. There hand peices are superior to any I've used.

I'm gonna try a prodigy because I hear there good too.

Foredome is hands down the best I have used.

Mastercarver handpieces make Foredoms look crappy.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of them.
Foredome is the only handpiece I've used that runs pretty cool, the cheap ones get hot fast and I hate that.

I'll give the mastercarver a look,thanks

The bearing bosses are misaligned and not deep enough on the cheap ones which causes the extra bearing drag. I've remachined a lot of them to get rid of that problem.