GoldMember
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Long since unavailable I believe??
Yep McClelland closed down many years ago now. While nothing will quite replace it, Shepards pie by the Country Squire is a fair comparison to frog Morton cellar. I actually think I like Shepards pie a little better, but without a sample of the frog to do a back to back it’s hard to say.

Anyone like Frog Morton or Frog Morton Cellar?
I was fortunate enough to have a few bowls of Frog Morton Cellar that a fellow pipe smoker shared out of his stash. It is what got me into English style blends. Sure wish I could get my hands on some I really liked it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never tried it. What did you think of it? It’s supposed to be a fairly well regarded Latakia dominant blend though.
It’s Latakia. Not a morning blend. Rocked my world lol. I’m still not 100 percent Nicotine level seems pretty high. I’d love it if I was drinking

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s Latakia. Not a morning blend. Rocked my world lol. I’m still not 100 percent Nicotine level seems pretty high. I’d love it if I was drinking
I’ve got some Arango Balkan supreme here that is kinda the same way. Definitely not an empty stomach or all day blend.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandfather was a tobacco fiend like me and smoked a pipe in addition to cigarettes and chew. His pipe smoking was old school all the way: Dr. Grabow filled with Half and Half. I went through a pipe spell in the 2000's and thought Half and Half was about the worst thing I ever tried. Bitter, dry, and no flavor to speak of. Maybe it was better back in his day.
My grandpa also smoked half and half along with Prince Albert. It must have been better back then or maybe they didn’t know any better🤷🏼‍♂️

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome pipe! I love how they get darker as you use them.

That sumbitch gets hot! 😂
Your pipe shouldn’t be getting super hot. Heck even the lit tobacco inside won’t be nuclear. You ever hear of the breath method of smoking a pipe?

By the time I got into the hobby I didn’t have my gramps or a pipe smoking friend around to learn from so I did what we all do and fired up google.

I found this guy several years ago. This Marine is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the toob as far as pipe smoking:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome pipe! I love how they get darker as you use them.

Your pipe shouldn’t be getting super hot. Heck even the lit tobacco inside won’t be nuclear. You ever hear of the breath method of smoking a pipe?

By the time I got into the hobby I didn’t have my gramps or a pipe smoking friend around to learn from so I did what we all do and fired up google.

I found this guy several years ago. This Marine is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the toob as far as pipe smoking:

I mean when I try to use my thumb as a tamp 😂

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know what's weird is, I have dreams about smoking a pipe even though that is the type of tobacco I have used the least. Mebbe it's in my DNA, ida know.
Maybe your subconscious telling you to smoke your pipe more😉