Pipers sound off if you’re present

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might have got a bad one or it could just be a personal preference thing. The country gentleman is one of my favorites either way.View attachment 376536

Nothing like a good pipe on a nice day after a hard day of climbing and dragging brush. Kings stride from warped is excellent thanks for the rec @jakethesnake !
Glad you got some. Probably my favorite pipe tobacco

I smoked a cobs worth of some sutliff heavy English last night. Nothing to write home about. I forgot the picture but I’m bout to dig out some c+d haunted bookshop for tonight. It’s a good burley Not as rugged as Ol joe krantz but similar if you’ve ever had either.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Glad you got some. Probably my favorite pipe tobacco

I smoked a cobs worth of some sutliff heavy English last night. Nothing to write home about. I forgot the picture but I’m bout to dig out some c+d haunted bookshop for tonight. It’s a good burley Not as rugged as Ol joe krantz but similar if you’ve ever had either.
I have had haunted bookshop. Is usually smoke mostly English blends though.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you got a favorite. I’m still a rookie
I’ve only been smoking a pipe off and on for a few years so I’m really just a rookie too. Doubt I could narrow it down to just one though 🤣. G.L. Pease is on sale at smokingpipes.com so I’ll highlight some of those. Some people call him the dark lord of English blends. I like Chelsea Morning, quiet nights (this one’s robust), Samarra (probably grab this one the most), and Westminster most from him. You’d probably dig Robusto it’s got maduro cigar leaf in it. The Kings stride reminds me of that blend a bit. Arango: Balkin Supreme is legit too and available in bulk. Of course you have the obligatory Seattle Pipe Club Plumb Pudding recommendation, Mississippi Mud is also good from them too.

If your with non smoker company and want a good room note: two friends English chocolate and Kramer’s father Dempsey are pretty good too.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve only been smoking a pipe off and on for a few years so I’m really just a rookie too. Doubt I could narrow it down to just one though 🤣. G.L. Pease is on sale at smokingpipes.com so I’ll highlight some of those. Some people call him the dark lord of English blends. I like Chelsea Morning, quiet nights (this one’s robust), Samarra (probably grab this one the most), and Westminster most from him. You’d probably dig Robusto it’s got maduro cigar leaf in it. The Kings stride reminds me of that blend a bit. Arango: Balkin Supreme is legit too and available in bulk. Of course you have the obligatory Seattle Pipe Club Plumb Pudding recommendation, Mississippi Mud is also good from them too.

If your with non smoker company and want a good room note: two friends English chocolate and Kramer’s father Dempsey are pretty good too.
Awesome. I have the plum pudding It is good. I’ll check some of those out.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might have got a bad one or it could just be a personal preference thing. The country gentleman is one of my favorites either way.View attachment 376536

Nothing like a good pipe on a nice day after a hard day of climbing and dragging brush. Kings stride from warped is excellent thanks for the rec @jakethesnake !
I think its more personnel preference as I do not care for the tighter draw of the forever stem which is the reason, I do not use filters either.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think its more personnel preference as I do not care for the tighter draw of the forever stem which is the reason, I do not use filters either.
Makes sense. I don’t mind the tighter draw. Even though I use the breathe method I can still tend to get over zealous and puff too much.

Two friends English chocolate in a Missouri Meerschaum Maddox with a blue swirl forever stem. @jakethesnake the rec yesterday reminded me of this fine smoke. The chocolate in this is just right. It melds well with the tobacco and adds just the right amount of coffee like bitterness and a touch of sweetness.IMG_2910.jpeg

Last edited:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess it might be helpful.

Peterson Irish flake.

I like flakes and plugs probably the best. The plugs and “bars” are kinda a pain in the dick to get broken down but they smoke fantastic

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess it might be helpful.

Peterson Irish flake.

I like flakes and plugs probably the best. The plugs and “bars” are kinda a pain in the dick to get broken down but they smoke fantastic
In that case check out Spark plug another GL Pease blend. Plugs have that nostalgic vibe that harkens back to the origins of pipe tobacco for sure. Definitely worth the extra bit of work. Plus they usually cellar very well. Love the new stem too!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice treat after a long work week. I’ve had this in the cellar for almost 3 years. The tin made that lovely pop can hiss characteristic of well aged tined tobacco.

It’s leathery, salty, savory, and smoky like good smoked meat with some nuttiness for good measure. Hunt your yourself up some @jakethesnake I bet you will enjoy it.IMG_2963.jpegIMG_2964.jpegIMG_2960.jpeg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandfather was a tobacco fiend like me and smoked a pipe in addition to cigarettes and chew. His pipe smoking was old school all the way: Dr. Grabow filled with Half and Half. I went through a pipe spell in the 2000's and thought Half and Half was about the worst thing I ever tried. Bitter, dry, and no flavor to speak of. Maybe it was better back in his day.