Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Pulled out the Monte Verde for a quick smoke break today... my old service manager gave me his pipe when his uncle passed a few years ago...not smoking anything fancy, just some Captain Black cherry flavor today...

I also have a 50s dr grabow from my great grandfather, and a MM cob from my grandfather that are in the rotation...

Not sure what ages every one in here is but locally i get wierd looks smoking a pipe like this as a 36 yr old....🤣 the Monte Verde is an absolutely gorgeous pipe in my opinion....

View attachment 430131
View attachment 430133
That Mont Verde is beautiful! That would be in what they call a “free hand” style and was likely hand carved by the craftsman that carved it.

If I may, I’d suggest not smoking any aromatic blends like the captain black cherry in that one. It could ghost it. That simply means it can give it a permanent cherry smell/flavor so that everything you smoke in it will have a hint of cherry. It’s ultimately up to you but food for thought. That corn cob pipe won’t likely ghost though.

bogieboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That Mont Verde is beautiful! That would be in what they call a “free hand” style and was likely hand carved by the craftsman that carved it.

If I may, I’d suggest not smoking any aromatic blends like the captain black cherry in that one. It could ghost it. That simply means it can give it a permanent cherry smell/flavor so that everything you smoke in it will have a hint of cherry. It’s ultimately up to you but food for thought. That corn cob pipe won’t likely ghost though.
I appreciate the input, the amount that i smoke, both in each bowl... i pack maybe a half a pinch in the bottom of the bowl, usually about 2-3min worth of relaxing after dealing with a very stressful job, (today it was trying to figure out why an ariens efi snow blower isnt running right, still havent figured it out... ), and the amount of times i smoke in a year (this is the 4th time i have picked up a pipe this year LOL) i kind of doubt there will be too much ghosting... besides, i pretty much either smoke the captain black cherry, C.B. bourbon, or Peter Stokkebye sweet vanilla, so if there is any ghosting, the flavors are complimentary 😁

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For a 30 dollar Amazon pipe/combo deal, this is still a decent garage pipe. This is a good blend from MM as well.

As I've spent more time with specific tobacco types, instead of blends, I've noticed it's getting a bit easier to pick certain flavors out of blends. Latakia is becoming very noticeable for me and that's not a bad thing. I'm liking it.
20240829_125501.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having a bowl of Country Squire Dark Holler on this pleasant Autumnesque eveningIMG_4786.jpeg

This new C&D holiday blend sounds interesting:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my favorite combinations; MM Dwarf Cobbit and some Sutliff 507c. Really enjoying Virginia's. The short, but wide chamber on this pipe makes for a nice cool smoke.
View attachment 434162
Awesome combo! The MM Bing would be another great choice for Virginias

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And this is 507-S, not 507-C. Not sure how I got off on my label, but I did.

maximillionmowers

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 375247

Having a personal favorite today after work. Rivendell from the country squire is an aromatic blend of black cavendish, Virginia, and burley. It’s a nutty earthy smoke with hints of coco and spicy grassy twang from the Virginia. Little to no tongue bite and tasty to the bottom of the bowl. Smoked in my rusticated Savinelli one. Anyone else a pipe smoker here?

Wouldn't mind trying some of that in my pipe.
In the UK would pay for it and the postage. Not sure if you can ship a packet through customs. Pm me
Cheers
Jay

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the UK would pay for it and the postage. Not sure if you can ship a packet through customs. Pm me
Cheers
Jay
I actually thought you guys had the better pipe blends in the uk. I could be misinformed though. I’ve had some plug tobaccos shipped here from over there

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cheers
Jay
Go straight to the source mate. I’m sure they will set you up. Cheers