Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I haven’t had a bowl for a while, I will likely try some this weekend when my wife is gone. It’s been all cigars lately.

I will definitely try everything I bought & that you sent. I enjoy the pipe, I just usually forget to set out some to air out.

I think the pipe will be nice this fall when I am setting in line at the ethanol plants & grain elevators.
I definitely like the fall for the pipe for sure.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! I had a bowl of Vipratti once the power finally came on and all the generators I’ve been listening to for the last 5 days shut off. Didn’t take a pic.

What you been smoking lately @jakethesnake

How about you @JimBear how’s the pipe smoking going. Alright or not your cup o Joe?

Bad storms I presume?

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven’t had a bowl for a while, I will likely try some this weekend when my wife is gone. It’s been all cigars lately.

I will definitely try everything I bought & that you sent. I enjoy the pipe, I just usually forget to set out some to air out.

I think the pipe will be nice this fall when I am setting in line at the ethanol plants & grain elevators.

I was wondering how you were liking it.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked this in the cigar threads and figured I'd ask it here. What is everyone's top 3, or 5, or however many ya care to mention, favorite pipe tobaccos? I'm too much of a novice yet to have a definitive list, but my favorite has been G.L. Pease Virginia Cream. Followed by Old Toby, Shepherd's Pie, Warped Kings Stride and Rivendell. I even liked the Missouri Meerschaum blends and the Plum Pudding.

Only the Key Largo, and the Ghurka, didn't quite do it for me, out of the dozen or so I've tried.

I'm honestly leaning more towards pipes at this point, than cigars. (Not that a guy has to choose) They are way easier on my throat and so far, have had more distinct flavors than I notice in cigars. I pick the flavors up easier with pipes. I'm liking it, a lot actually.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you think? I like Vipratti, but I like other VaPers a little better. Deception Pass is one I reach for quite often.

I really liked this one. The Virginia really stands out. This one is going on the list.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Potlatch this evening. Really enjoyed this blend as well. It had spice, but not in an overpowering way. A bit of sweetness and I even got some hints of nutiness in there. It changed a bit as it went, kinda like the Ghurka did, but this was much more enjoyable. SPC is 2 for 2.
IMG_20230831_184959_893.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thought I’d let you fellers know the limited release of Deep Holler (formerly Mirkwood) is out at the country squire. It’s tasty for an aromatic.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I posted this in the cigar thread and forgot to post here. I haven’t been smoking a pipe until recently. Just didn’t feel like it after dad passed. He was kinda the reason I got into pipes/cigars. Cigars still don’t taste good to me but luckily I’ve been able to enjoy a good pipe now and look back fondly on memories of smoking a bowl on the front porch with my dad.

Anyway this was a Christmas present to myself this year. I’ve always wanted a Peterson Deluxe system pipe and a good Black Friday sale prompted me to pull the trigger.IMG_3691.jpeg

P.s. the Cringle Flake is excellent. Naturally sweet, smoky, and tangy. I’m glad I grabbed 3 tins.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a beautiful pipe. Glad you're getting back into it a bit.
Thanks man. I’ve always enjoyed a good pipe tobacco more than a cigar. It just tastes better to me. I’m not sure I’ll ever get back into cigars beyond purely socially.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked this in the cigar threads and figured I'd ask it here. What is everyone's top 3, or 5, or however many ya care to mention, favorite pipe tobaccos? I'm too much of a novice yet to have a definitive list, but my favorite has been G.L. Pease Virginia Cream. Followed by Old Toby, Shepherd's Pie, Warped Kings Stride and Rivendell. I even liked the Missouri Meerschaum blends and the Plum Pudding.

Only the Key Largo, and the Ghurka, didn't quite do it for me, out of the dozen or so I've tried.

I'm honestly leaning more towards pipes at this point, than cigars. (Not that a guy has to choose) They are way easier on my throat and so far, have had more distinct flavors than I notice in cigars. I pick the flavors up easier with pipes. I'm liking it, a lot actually.
I really like Eileen's Dream by CAO. And one from Stokobyes was awesome. Can't remember the name. Haven't enjoyed a pipe in way too long

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like Eileen's Dream by CAO. And one from Stokobyes was awesome. Can't remember the name. Haven't enjoyed a pipe in way too long
CAO originally started out as a company that made and sold briar pipes before they started making cigars.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a semi-related note, my dad's dad was the biggest tobacco chewer you ever met. And still had most of his teeth when he died at 90! Every year I buy some Levi Garrett to enjoy while deer hunting. I put that chew in and remember hunting rabbits and squirrels with Papaw.