Pipers sound off if you’re present

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having country squire Green Dragon for lunch. This and Kingsfoil are some of my favorite middle earth blends from the squire. View attachment 387826
I have been really digging my falcon pipe. I find I get a lot of moisture when I smoke. The well built into the pipe is a game changer for me.
I really dig that pipe. Gona have to pick one up. I like the modularity of it.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I really dig that pipe. Gona have to pick one up. I like the modularity of it.
It took a little getting used to, but after that I’ve been digging it. It’s nice to be able to pop the bowl off mid smoke to address any issues that might pop up. As far as the meerschaum bowl it was totally worth it. I assumed because they usually come in a little protective case that meerschaum pipes were fragile. That is not the case. They seem just as durable as briar.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take 20% Off Your Order - No Minimum!
During P&C’s Customer Appreciation Week, we always look to do something special as our way of saying thank you for being one of the P&C Faithful. This is one of the most anticipated weeks of the year for our customers, and here’s the granddaddy of them all, our Customer Appreciation Week Sitewide Discount. Through Monday, you get 20% off your order*, with no minimum purchase required. Just load up your shopping cart, enter the promo code CAW2023 at checkout, and you’ll save a bunch! Get a move on. Time’s a wastin’!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next in line, is a bowl of Ghurka Urban Legend. My experience with Ghurka cigars is less than stellar. So, I'm hoping their pipe blends do better for me. It's good to see is blended or made by Sutliff.
IMG_20230825_191000_472.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got my order in and received shipping notification then realized I forgot about ordering Bass Pond to try as I like S Trout Stream.
I don’t smoke a lot of aromatics and have been favoring Virginia based blends more and more. I like that bass pond a lot though. Thanks for posting the sale I wouldn’t have seen it.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, that's the harshest of any of the pipe tobaccos I've had. Which is what I was curious about, being cigar tobacco based. Every other one has been incredibly smooth. The Ghurka I had, had a bit more spice, but it wasn't really harsh. So, I won't be adding this to the list to buy, but I appreciate being able to try it.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, that's the harshest of any of the pipe tobaccos I've had. Which is what I was curious about, being cigar tobacco based. Every other one has been incredibly smooth. The Ghurka I had, had a bit more spice, but it wasn't really harsh. So, I won't be adding this to the list to buy, but I appreciate being able to try it.
I suspect that if you put a tin away it would mellow with age. I dig the warped pipe tobacco’s with cigar leaf the most in that category.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I suspect that if you put a tin away it would mellow with age. I dig the warped pipe tobacco’s with cigar leaf the most in that category.
That seems to be the consensus. Which is what happens with cigars as well. They all smooth out a bit over time. It definitely had a cigarish taste to it, which was interesting.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas........

Giving a bowl of Kramer's Father Dempsey a try this evening. Courtesy of Woodpecker.
IMG_20230829_185729_057.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas........

Giving a bowl of Kramer's Father Dempsey a try this evening. Courtesy of Woodpecker.
View attachment 388375
Nice! I had a bowl of Vipratti once the power finally came on and all the generators I’ve been listening to for the last 5 days shut off. Didn’t take a pic.

What you been smoking lately @jakethesnake

How about you @JimBear how’s the pipe smoking going. Alright or not your cup o Joe?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! I had a bowl of Vipratti once the power finally came on and all the generators I’ve been listening to for the last 5 days shut off. Didn’t take a pic.

How about you @JimBear how’s the pipe smoking going. Alright or not your cup o Joe?
Weathers been so good I’m smoking cigars

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I haven’t had a bowl for a while, I will likely try some this weekend when my wife is gone. It’s been all cigars lately.

I will definitely try everything I bought & that you sent. I enjoy the pipe, I just usually forget to set out some to air out.

I think the pipe will be nice this fall when I am setting in line at the ethanol plants & grain elevators.