Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What an ugly bugger! :confused:
Get bigger tires, would make it look a little less ugly.
But if Your wife likes it it doesn't matter what it looks like. ;)

30k for a UTV?
Yeah, I'll rather get a house with yard for that amount of cash (in my area of living).

Each to their own :)

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

30k for a UTV?
Yeah, I'll rather get a house with yard for that amount of cash (in my area of living).

I agree on all accounts.
Crew cab UTV's all look ridiculous. Larger tires and wheels would help this one but for the intended purpose, what's on there is fine.

I can't imagine spending $30k on a UTV but the dealers are selling them as fast as they come in.
I have three other friends who have new Can-Ams on order, ranging in price from $21k-$30k. Two are crew cabs with AC.

What kind of house can you buy for $30k?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
. . . What kind of house can you buy for $30k?
The kind made out of bricks standing on a steel reinforced concrete foundation, all utilities included.
Often enough ready for move in. ;)

It is not like properties like this are available 24/7, but they do pop up often enough.

No, properties do not cost that little in "mayor" cities, definitely not in our capitol.
City limits and small cities, yeah.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A Willies Jeep or street rod 4x4 pu truck goes up in value, right?

Nice toy you scored. At least its done.
Happy happy house.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

30k for a UTV?

I also agree, as my gator cost over $16,000 three years ago. Don't think we will ever see that again. As for the house. Robert bought one back in 1969 in Arlington Va. for $14.000, today it is worth over $ 1.2 million.

Bought a brand new 1972 Ford F100 pickup back in 1972 for $2.700.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see those things running the roads here and getting pulled over all the time. Next thing you know they have a shiny alum trailer to tske it to the RV park.

Rather spend the money on a used Wrangler drive it all over legal and spent half the money.

$9500.2004
200451F-5f6b6fc91985d.jpg

Al

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$30,000 wouldnt buy a .2 acre lot that formerly had a meth lab that burnt to the ground on it by me.
People are getting dumb with land prices. $6k an acre for open rolling field...

Local township just approved Atv/utv use on road this summer. 35mph, single file. No county roads or state roads.
So, I could drive a half mile to a county road in 1 direction, turn around and go 4 miles to a different county road in the other direction..gee, sounds fun.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$30,000 wouldnt buy a .2 acre lot that formerly had a meth lab that burnt to the ground on it by me.
People are getting dumb with land prices. $6k an acre for open rolling field...

Local township just approved Atv/utv use on road this summer. 35mph, single file. No county roads or state roads.
So, I could drive a half mile to a county road in 1 direction, turn around and go 4 miles to a different county road in the other direction..gee, sounds fun.
Same here. $30K won't buy you a mobile home sitting on a toxic waste dump.
We bought our property in 1994 for $700/acre. In 2005 I bought some adjoining property for $1,500/acre. Two years ago, I turned down an offer of $5K an acre, from a guy who wanted to buy 25 acres to build a house on.

We have a similar situation with UTVs on the roads. As long as you have an Orange triangle on the back, are wearing seat belts, have insurance and aren't acting like an idiot, the local sheriff won't mess with you on county or state roads, as long as you stay out of high traffic areas. The state HP will nail you regardless of where you are.
I imagine as soon as the first UTV is involved in a serious accident, the policy of tolerance will end.
I'm comfortable driving my UTVs on gravel roads but stay off of the pavement, except in the rural low traffic areas, around where I live. Fortunately, we have around 20 miles of gravel roads, through a beautiful valley that we can access without hitting pavement.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here. $30K won't buy you a mobile home sitting on a toxic waste dump.
We bought our property in 1994 for $700/acre. In 2005 I bought some adjoining property for $1,500/acre. Two years ago, I turned down an offer of $5K an acre, from a guy who wanted to buy 25 acres to build a house on.

We have a similar situation with UTVs on the roads. As long as you have an Orange triangle on the back, are wearing seat belts, have insurance and aren't acting like an idiot, the local sheriff won't mess with you on county or state roads, as long as you stay out of high traffic areas. The state HP will nail you regardless of where you are.
I imagine as soon as the first UTV is involved in a serious accident, the policy of tolerance will end.
I'm comfortable driving my UTVs on gravel roads but stay off of the pavement, except in the rural low traffic areas, around where I live. Fortunately, we have around 20 miles of gravel roads, through a beautiful valley that we can access without hitting pavement.
Wouldn’t disagree with that...one or two serious accidents will prob put and end to any type road use.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with the utv prices being crazy versus a small 4x4 pickup or Jeep. Depending on your use though, these side by sides are super convenient. I used a wrangler for a few years, but our Ranger EV is so easy to get into and start driving (from either side), it's got better visibility, it's smoother, so it can get around the farm much faster. Obviously being electric, it's very stealthy and discreet, which is great for our operation. We do u-pick apples, and it's great to be able to do chores without being a nuisance to customers who want a quiet experience. But yeah, you pay for the convenience.

The guy we bought our from had just replaced it with a can-am with cab, ac, heat, even power windows I think, and, to top it off, sitting on tracks! He said he was just getting into ice fishing and that's why he got it. Fricking crazy money.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We Just bought 10 acres for 60,000 so you if you shopper right get 5 acres here for it.

Take my Jeep a 1979 hook to the boat drive 160 miles and go fishing for the week end. Wether turn bad pull the top up and go trial rideing on all the logging rod fire trails here.

Weater stays nasty I drive the Jeep ON the interstate with the boat. Un hook and go in the woods to do some dry log skidding too.

City people and their toys.

Al

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see those things running the roads here and getting pulled over all the time. Next thing you know they have a shiny alum trailer to tske it to the RV park.

Rather spend the money on a used Wrangler drive it all over legal and spent half the money.

$9500.2004
200451F-5f6b6fc91985d.jpg

Al
We deal with the Jeep idiots too.
They stop and lock into 4wd to make a creek crossing that I drive my Toyota Avalon through.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We deal with the Jeep idiots too.
They stop and lock into 4wd to make a creek crossing that I drive my Toyota Avalon through.

Hmmm!! no jeep idiots here yet, I hope!!

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s this thing look like with new shoes? Asking for a friend

Still waiting on them to get here. On the first order, one tire showed up. Had to cancel it and reorder.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still waiting on them to get here. On the first order, one tire showed up. Had to cancel it and reorder.

Sounds familiar. When I bought some for an atv years ago I ordered 28” and I got 3 of those and 1 25”. Company took care of me but what a mix up

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds familiar. When I bought some for an atv years ago I ordered 28” and I got 3 of those and 1 25”. Company took care of me but what a mix up

I ordered from Wal Mart, for pickup at the store. I got an Email saying my order was in. When I got to the store they only had one tire. They wanted me to take it and sign that I'd picked up two, saying that when the second one showed up, they would call me.
I declined the offer and told them to call me when the second one showed up. It never did.
The new order is supposed to be here next Wed.