Over ruled.......again

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife has been wanting a crew cab side by side for taking the grandkids to the creek, on the far side of our property. We have an 835i JD Gator, which she says is a Geezer mobile, refuses to drive and hates to ride in, because it doesn't have a cab, windshield or stereo and is always full of chainsaws and farm stuff.
Last weekend, we were at a party with our neighbors. One had just bought a new Can-Am five passenger UTV with a full cab, elec windows, heat & AC.
The guys wife was pissed, because he spent $30k on the Can-Am and had just paid off the 2015 Polaris Ranger they currently had. During the course of the evening my wife decided she wanted, and bought the Ranger. I'm pretty sure alcohol was involved. This couple are good friends of ours and they gave her a smokin deal. Although she didn't know it. It wasn't until Thursday that she told me she bought it. I'm familiar with the vehicle. The guy who owned it is the most anal person I've ever met. His stuff is meticulously maintained. It has 220 hours on it.
We picked up the Ranger today. My wife is thrilled.
It has a full cab with glass windows, door liners, heat, headliner, interior lights on the headliner, roof, floor and in the engine compartment, LED light bars front & rear, 4500# winch, 4" lift, extra battery & isolator, power steering, LED beacon light, bed liner, sound deadening mats all around the cab, in the roof & doors, and a good stereo.
I ordered new tires today. I want DOT approved, so we can hang an orange triangle on the back, turn on the beacon and drive on the county roads.
I wasn't too pissed about her buying it. Saved me at least $12k off the price of a new one and she's happy............until next summer when she decides she wants AC.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife has been wanting a crew cab side by side for taking the grandkids to the creek, on the far side of our property. We have an 835i JD Gator, which she says is a Geezer mobile, refuses to drive and hates to ride in, because it doesn't have a cab, windshield or stereo and is always full of chainsaws and farm stuff.
Last weekend, we were at a party with our neighbors. One had just bought a new Can-Am five passenger UTV with a full cab, elec windows, heat & AC.
The guys wife was pissed, because he spent $30k on the Can-Am and had just paid off the 2015 Polaris Ranger they currently had. During the course of the evening my wife decided she wanted, and bought the Ranger. I'm pretty sure alcohol was involved. This couple are good friends of ours and they gave her a smokin deal. Although she didn't know it. It wasn't until Thursday that she told me she bought it. I'm familiar with the vehicle. The guy who owned it is the most anal person I've ever met. His stuff is meticulously maintained. It has 220 hours on it.
It has a full cab with glass windows, door liners, heat, headliner, interior lights on the headliner, roof, floor and in the engine compartment, LED light bars front & rear, 4500# winch, 4" lift, extra battery & isolator, power steering, LED beacon light, bed liner, sound deadening mats all around the cab, in the roof & doors, and a good stereo.
I ordered new tires today. I want DOT approved, so we can hang an orange triangle on the back, turn on the beacon and drive on the county roads.
I wasn't too pissed about her buying it. Saved me at least $12k off the price of a new one and she's happy............until next summer when she decides she wants AC.
View attachment 259288

View attachment 259290
Nice Steve...!

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 259288

View attachment 259290
Your opinion never stood a chance. lol

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 259288

View attachment 259290

From where I am at it looks like you came out pretty good.
Happy wife, happy life. Enjoy!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice ride! My problem with spending that much on a new UTV is they can cost so much. Around here I can buy a quad cab Toyota Tacoma for what some of them are going for, lol.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 259288

View attachment 259290

I don’t see a problem here if you saved that kind of money and your wife is happy. What I find funny about this whole post is you just got it and already ordered tires.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lets see here, full cab, carpet, A/C, heat, stereo. Wouldn't it just be easier to stay in the living room?;)
cough, mini van, cough.

Haven't stepped foot in any sort or motorcycle or ATV dealership for at least 25 years.
Things have gotten a bit dolled up now, I see.
ahh, I chuckled, but my knees have made it so that I barely get out and do the yard work anymore.

Gotta admit that if given a choice...
I'd likely hop in the off-road mini van, rather than being stuck staying at the house!

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t see a problem here if you saved that kind of money and your wife is happy. What I find funny about this whole post is you just got it and already ordered tires.

The tires on it are not DOT approved and she'll be driving on blacktop.
You can't tell from the pic but the front tires are unevenly worn, from being driven on paved roads.
If it was going to be used strickly off road, I wouldn't have bothered with replacing them.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't tell from the pic but the front tires are unevenly worn, from being driven on paved roads.
If it was going to be used strickly off road, I wouldn't have bothered with replacing them.

I don’t do lots of road riding but I found a set of bfg mud terrain ta mk3 that I’m going to try. Road noise should be cut to less then half but they are not dot tires. Lots of good reviews on them though

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just flip them on the rims and start over. :D