Ok to add motor oil to bar chain oil?

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This tangent seems to be a Bill G Challenge which you've a solid reputation for, and in an oil thread nonetheless! (It's like the Internet version of opening a portal to hell!)

1. Gasoline and diesel come from the same base product. Gasoline used to be used to start high-compression diesel engines (2-minute mark shows the gas tank, spark plugs, carburetor, etc., the 7-minute mark shows the diesel engine running on gas). Both gas and diesel are used to run engines, and from that standpoint are substantially similar, to the point both are bio-fuel targets with similar end-goals.

2. That's a distraction so far off the bar oil topic I personally wouldn't go there. There are threads discussing canola oil jelling up bar oil tanks over time (post #82), if you're interested.
My FIL had a very old McCormick Deering tractor. Hand crank only. It started on gas and ran on kerosene.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240823_104106.jpg
The competition

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Civil debate is a lost art. And I'm always glad to see it.
I totally agree! Sadly some in society today have lost the ability to have a spirited discussion. I think this is a spirited discussion but heck as my gorgeous ex-wife used to say "Dammitt Bill your wrong" That was generally followed by me saying "Yes Dear"

Last edited: