Odd restorations and rebuilds

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a nice 1956 Johnson 15 hp twin hose, already pretty nice just might almost get away with giving it a buff to shine it up, runs but needs one coil the epoxy is all busted. And needs a set of o-rings in the fittings so it hold pressure.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lests see it Chris. My dad had a cool old Mercury Super Silent Six. OLD. All metal and lighter blue than any other merc I've seen. Neat old motor.
Yep Mercury comet, super silent six. Came in many colors and the shift linkage was in the handle on some of them complete pain in the but to fix/adjust the shifter.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What the hell is going on in here? Let's get some things straight Steve. First, I'm gonna make the ram pump work. Or better yet, I'm gonna tell my friend what it needs to work. And it's going to be glorious. But that's not a restoration it's just some cpvc with check valves. Second, your notions about my feelings for Dallas are all wrong and I'm going to prove it soon.20210514_174354.jpg
He can't not like me because Maddie doesn't.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't saying you had feelings fir the man. I was saying maybe there was banjo music involved lol.

Still wanna see the ram pump in action regardless if its a full resto or simple repair.
They're kinda like that turtle mating video. Lots a ker chunks and splashes.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
7:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Imma mess with this too. Get it looking like wood again and try to see if it works. Any y'all know what this is? Id do just wondering if any of you fellers do. View attachment 297023
Telegraph sender thing. It's the part that you go "click click, click click click click click" with.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Egg Shooter, Watch out with the wire wheel. You see how it leaves that Orange Peel texture etched into things? I see a lot of saw repainted that end up with the same problem from either blasting or wire wheel cleaning.
https://opeforum.com/attachments/img_20210604_122850034-2-jpg.296965/
IF you can't find decent paint stripper anymore, you might try DOT 3 brake fluid to soak and loosen paint.

People not reading the instructions and using the paint stripper in enclosed rooms with no ventilation, respirator etc, got the good stripper banned finally, as I understand it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...ppers-provides-loophole-commercial-operators/
MEK has been pulled from the shelves here now also.

Last edited: