beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
7:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Muscovies. We used to have them on the farm. Bastids were as bad as rabbits for reproducing.
Made some damn good omelettes and
lemon meringue pies with those eggs.
We used to have them also. Bastids would chit all over everything. They started roosting on the porch railing, I think that was about the time dad said they had to go. Lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As much rain as we've been getting I might have to switch to ducks. The meat chickens are getting tired of doing the doggie paddle.
Did meat birds once. Now I just wait for .59/lb at Kroger. She talks about the Freedom Rangers and those might be ok but the Cornish Rocks are the nastiest fuggers I've ever had, and I eat Muscovy!

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did meat birds once. Now I just wait for .59/lb at Kroger. She talks about the Freedom Rangers and those might be ok but the Cornish Rocks are the nastiest fuggers I've ever had, and I eat Muscovy!
The rangers are ok, I raised them 3-4 years. I went back to Cornish rock pullets and keep them on fresh grass. They grow quick and stay tender. The rangers are a little tougher but still good. We don't buy much meat from the store only if we run low on our stuff.

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll say this pic I posted in old thread was the first real test for the big saw. With the 28 inch lw bar that thing is amazing! Randy probably has 3 new recipes now but mine brings a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.