hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. Long rant. As if anybody GAF.
So I bought this fancy arse zero turn mower last Monday.
Got it set up and put the better half on it, then headed out cause I had to work Tuesday morning.
Got a call from her and said it made a noise and started runnin funny. Listened to it over the phone. Sounded like a dropped valve or bad timing issue. Hurt motor either way. Less than 2 hours run time.
Called the fella next morning, cause it was after closing time.
He finally showed up at 5:40 that evening to pick it up. I appreciate him doing it after hours, but hes been constantly bsing us with why he cant do this or that.
Cut to this evening at 4:50 pm. FINALLY admits that something is wrong with the motor(someone at Kawasaki stripped the governor shaft bolt). Guessing it came loose and the engine overevved.
He says hes going to replace the entire mower. Thats great, cause I dont want that motor after what happened to it, and going thru oems will take forever. We paid A LOT for a mower and need to be using it instead of paying for it and waiting.
Then he says he might not be able to get the replacement out tomorrow, since it rained and the new unit is outside in a dirt area.
WTF? Havent we been patient enough?
Get some boards from the GD building supply less than a 1/4 mile up the road to run the forklift on and get the damn thing assembled, run in, and delivered FFS!
I have to take care of our customers, and if I had bullchitted and drag arsed like this, we would be down a customer.
What do y'all think.

Agree

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a disappointment for sure, but I can pretty much guarantee getting pissed at the dude will make the situation way more disappointing.

Most ope shops are crazy busy this time of year. Dude might have lots going on. Like multiple customers with just as much claim on his time as you. It's not an excuse but it is what it is. I know it's not easy but I'd recommend patience.

How did you pay? Cash, check, or card? Hopefully check or card so you can file a dispute if it comes to that.
lol here is why you make a good mod

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a disappointment for sure, but I can pretty much guarantee getting pissed at the dude will make the situation way more disappointing.

Most ope shops are crazy busy this time of year. Dude might have lots going on. Like multiple customers with just as much claim on his time as you. It's not an excuse but it is what it is. I know it's not easy but I'd recommend patience.

How did you pay? Cash, check, or card? Hopefully check or card so you can file a dispute if it comes to that.

Understand all that. Used to have my own shop in a past life. Just didnt have the capital to do it right and it failed.
Hes givimg me the sad song about no help in the back etc.
I been there and I'm learning that part of his problem is self inflicted. He hasnt sold another mower in the last week. Saws sure. His Stihl walls are almost bare, which is good, but he hasnt reordered, which is bad. I sold Shindaiwa. Roberts supply would have been kicking my arse when they saw units move and no reorder request.
As for payment method, this is not a small push mower. Its Gravelys top tier 4 series premier mower. Like buying the Cadillac or the GMC Denali. I did the financing route with Sheffield, which ive done before. Good credit, so no interest for 48 months. Saves me from using savings, and doesnt cost much.(yes, I know there are fees and actually a small interest of 1/2 percent). Done homework there. Used the same company on my last mower purchase. They are fine to work with. They also listen when you have a complaint. Dont want to go this route with this guy, but he needs to quit bullchitting me and deliver. Got my wife taking time off to get the mowing done. Now its either take another week or let the grass get really tall and come back later.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry bout the long winded bullchit.
Little stressful time this week and shouldna aired it here. Thanks for hearing it out. Dont take this mod *s-worde too personal. Shut it down if its cloggin up the thread.
I think yousl do a great yob!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little stressful time this week and shouldna aired it here. Thanks for hearing it out. Dont take this mod *s-worde too personal. Shut it down if its cloggin up the thread.

Dude your posts are what this thread is for as near as I can tell anyway.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Understand all that. Used to have my own shop in a past life. Just didnt have the capital to do it right and it failed.
Hes givimg me the sad song about no help in the back etc.
I been there and I'm learning that part of his problem is self inflicted. He hasnt sold another mower in the last week. Saws sure. His Stihl walls are almost bare, which is good, but he hasnt reordered, which is bad. I sold Shindaiwa. Roberts supply would have been kicking my arse when they saw units move and no reorder request.
As for payment method, this is not a small push mower. Its Gravelys top tier 4 series premier mower. Like buying the Cadillac or the GMC Denali. I did the financing route with Sheffield, which ive done before. Good credit, so no interest for 48 months. Saves me from using savings, and doesnt cost much.(yes, I know there are fees and actually a small interest of 1/2 percent). Done homework there. Used the same company on my last mower purchase. They are fine to work with. They also listen when you have a complaint. Dont want to go this route with this guy, but he needs to quit bullchitting me and deliver. Got my wife taking time off to get the mowing done. Now its either take another week or let the grass get really tall and come back later.

I totally get where your coming from. I used Sheffield when I bought my gravely. Good company, well as good as bankers can be.

As a small business I'd be sol in a hurry if I started diking good people around.

I been where you are with expensive equipment and know it sucks. Try and take your mind off it maybe go fishing. It'll work out one way or another. Push comes to shove sick Jason on em! Nothing like a chin dildo wearing jar head to scare the Jeasus into someone.:naughty2:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. Long rant. As if anybody GAF.
So I bought this fancy arse zero turn mower last Monday.
Got it set up and put the better half on it, then headed out cause I had to work Tuesday morning.
Got a call from her and said it made a noise and started runnin funny. Listened to it over the phone. Sounded like a dropped valve or bad timing issue. Hurt motor either way. Less than 2 hours run time.
Called the fella next morning, cause it was after closing time.
He finally showed up at 5:40 that evening to pick it up. I appreciate him doing it after hours, but hes been constantly bsing us with why he cant do this or that.
Cut to this evening at 4:50 pm. FINALLY admits that something is wrong with the motor(someone at Kawasaki stripped the governor shaft bolt). Guessing it came loose and the engine overevved.
He says hes going to replace the entire mower. Thats great, cause I dont want that motor after what happened to it, and going thru oems will take forever. We paid A LOT for a mower and need to be using it instead of paying for it and waiting.
Then he says he might not be able to get the replacement out tomorrow, since it rained and the new unit is outside in a dirt area.
WTF? Havent we been patient enough?
Get some boards from the GD building supply less than a 1/4 mile up the road to run the forklift on and get the damn thing assembled, run in, and delivered FFS!
I have to take care of our customers, and if I had bullchitted and drag arsed like this, we would be down a customer.
What do y'all think.
Guy at work bought a Toro zero turn
Year's ago when they were top tier
It ran literally 30-40 minutes and the engine seized.
I looked it over nothing obvious crank seized
From what I could tell.
and i didn't want to void his warranty so i didn't tear it down.
He took it back to the dealer the following morning
Dealer said he'd have to wait three weeks for a engine from China
Corporate nearly stopped warranty hourly shop rates on engine
Repairs and only wanted minimal time swapping engine's.
Screw that no good support he forced the dealer to refund his money
And got a husqvarna version
Much cheaper it's still running.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This is why we gave you the moderator job.

It's all good.

Vent. Then vent some more.

The rest of you mfers GFYs.

Status
Not open for further replies.