hold-my-fkin-beer-gifs-9.gif

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Opposite side...Twin City/Stillmore area. Friend of mine, his wifes’ side of the family is from there. They have about 1400 acres between two different tracts/farms. More damn deer and turkeys than you can shake a stick at...

Yep. Lots of critters in that area off Hwy 80. In-laws are in the Dellwood area north US 1.
Stupid mower dealer is out of the Boro on 80. May hafta go "talk" to him tomorrow. He aint gonna like it. He's full of chit.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. Long rant. As if anybody GAF.
So I bought this fancy arse zero turn mower last Monday.
Got it set up and put the better half on it, then headed out cause I had to work Tuesday morning.
Got a call from her and said it made a noise and started runnin funny. Listened to it over the phone. Sounded like a dropped valve or bad timing issue. Hurt motor either way. Less than 2 hours run time.
Called the fella next morning, cause it was after closing time.
He finally showed up at 5:40 that evening to pick it up. I appreciate him doing it after hours, but hes been constantly bsing us with why he cant do this or that.
Cut to this evening at 4:50 pm. FINALLY admits that something is wrong with the motor(someone at Kawasaki stripped the governor shaft bolt). Guessing it came loose and the engine overevved.
He says hes going to replace the entire mower. Thats great, cause I dont want that motor after what happened to it, and going thru oems will take forever. We paid A LOT for a mower and need to be using it instead of paying for it and waiting.
Then he says he might not be able to get the replacement out tomorrow, since it rained and the new unit is outside in a dirt area.
WTF? Havent we been patient enough?
Get some boards from the GD building supply less than a 1/4 mile up the road to run the forklift on and get the damn thing assembled, run in, and delivered FFS!
I have to take care of our customers, and if I had bullchitted and drag arsed like this, we would be down a customer.
What do y'all think.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got it set up and put the better half on it, then headed out cause I had to work Tuesday morning.
Got a call from her and said it made a noise and started runnin funny. Listened to it over the phone. Sounded like a dropped valve or bad timing issue. Hurt motor either way. Less than 2 hours run time.
He finally showed up at 5:40 that evening to pick it up. I appreciate him doing it after hours, but hes been constantly bsing us with why he cant do this or that.
Cut to this evening at 4:50 pm. FINALLY admits that something is wrong with the motor(someone at Kawasaki stripped the governor shaft bolt). Guessing it came loose and the engine overevved.
He says hes going to replace the entire mower. Thats great, cause I dont want that motor after what happened to it, and going thru oems will take forever. We paid A LOT for a mower and need to be using it instead of paying for it and waiting.
Then he says he might not be able to get the replacement out tomorrow, since it rained and the new unit is outside in a dirt area.
Get some boards from the GD building supply less than a 1/4 mile up the road to run the forklift on and get the damn thing assembled, run in, and delivered FFS!
I have to take care of our customers, and if I had bullchitted and drag arsed like this, we would be down a customer.
What do y'all think.
Is it a Gravely?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
What do y'all think.

Sounds like a disappointment for sure, but I can pretty much guarantee getting pissed at the dude will make the situation way more disappointing.

Most ope shops are crazy busy this time of year. Dude might have lots going on. Like multiple customers with just as much claim on his time as you. It's not an excuse but it is what it is. I know it's not easy but I'd recommend patience.

How did you pay? Cash, check, or card? Hopefully check or card so you can file a dispute if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.