Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ol’ hunting and fishing buddy, Jason, from the late 70’s/early 80’s. who passed last week...told his mother a little while back, and gave his mother my contact info...called me this morning. It was a humble deal on my end to talk with Ms. Agnes, who I haven’t seen in a few years. She told me to come get Jason’s 2006, Chevy Trailblazer. He wanted me to have it...for God only knows why. It’s an ‘06, 230K miles, in-line 4.2L 6. All the past services, oil changes, documentation, etc she provided. Jason was meticulous like that. Same as my anal self when it comes to those things.

Move forward about 8 hours., it runs like a sewing mchine..it sets in my driveway. It needed a decent bath, so I washed it with a decent wash/carnauba deal. It’s missing the door protectors on the driver’s side, but other than that, it’s good body-wise. I checked all the panel seams...it’s spot on. The interior is in great shape. I haven’t fooled with vacuuming it yet, I’ll get to this evening or tomorrow. It’s a clean ride.

Here’s the dilemma I have. I have no use for this Trailblazer...my Dodge Mega-Cab pulls everything I have, bass boat, camper just fine. Do I keep it just sitting on my driveway, or do I pass it along. It was passed along to me with ‘unfortunate circumstances.’ God rest my friends’ soul. My son, my daughter, and my ex all have SUV’s...they don’t need it. My brothers/sisters, nephews/nieces don’t need it either. They all have SUV’s as well. I’m gonna check with some extended family first...and if they say they don’t need it...I’m gonna cut it loose.

I want this ride to go to someone who needs it, a young family who might be struggling, etc...and I will not profit a single dime, much less a damn dollar on this at all. I know damn well my buddy Jason would agree. I know damn well he would...he’d give you the shirt off his back...and my Jarhead ass is the same way. I don’t need no dollar in this...you can call it hard-headed on my Marine ass...but I live by my pride...I’m gonna give this vehicle away. It’s what he would want. It would slap my ol’ buddy in the face if I did otherwise...I don’t need a dollar, profit that bad...where I can’t sleep at night. I got enough demons that crop upstairs at times...and I won’t add to that. I think my friend would be proud of my ol’ Jarhead ass! My buddy Jason was a good man...he *f-wordked up like all of us has, but he weathered the times as best he could. God rest your soul Jason Wilson...my friend!

The ride...

View attachment 235868
View attachment 235869

Take the back seats out man make it the new stabbing wagon.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think Ms. Agnes will call me at some point regarding Jason’s guns...it takes time to sort through things that he left there, after several years, at his mothers’ home. I do know there’s a ton of guns...it was not the right time this morning to discuss those types of things...not in the least.

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think Ms. Agnes will call me at some point regarding Jason’s guns...it takes time to sort through things that he left there, after several years, at his mothers’ home. I do know there’s a ton of guns...it was not the right time this morning to discuss those types of things...not in the least.

That's awesome what you are doing with his SUV! You are an awesome dude. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
been doing without
sleep is the worst of it sucks going to bed at 930 waking up at 1130 then about 3 just to get out of bed at 450 6days a week
hows you slacker
Trying to stretch three to four days of yardwork, into three weeks, lol. Just regimenting *s-wordt around here, stay occupied doing yard bullshitt, little at the time. At least something to keep my mind occupied. Ready to get back on the ‘C-17 train kepta rolling’...I ain’t real good at the idle mind kinda thing.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did all hew numbnuts have off today ?
What a bunch of flappin, now to go an catch up.......

3 more weeks of working from home (at least), have even less time to keep up with these miscreants.

been doing without
sleep is the worst of it sucks going to bed at 930 waking up at 1130 then about 3 just to get out of bed at 450 6days a week
hows you slacker

That sleep pattern will wear you down in a hurry. Have you ever tried cutting back on coffee in the evening? I know you say it doesn’t have an affect but that sleep pattern would indicate otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.