USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd suggest to try to find a family with a service member overseas or just rotated home that could use it. No matter the branch.
Seems the most fitting.
I'm sure there's one that could use some wheels.
Anything I need to look out for with this high a mileage. Other than good ol’ oil changes, transmission fluid changes? I did see in the paperwork, the throttle bottle was recently changed out a few months ago...I guess giving it gas, kinda going nowhere deal, with how they’re sensored/solenoided to the transmission. It never missed a beat, shifted as usual, on the drive to my place a few miles away.

The oil and transmission fluid has been changed, spot on throughout its existence.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anything I need to look out for with this high a mileage. Other than good ol’ oil changes, transmission fluid changes? I did see in the paperwork, the throttle bottle was recently changed out a few months ago...I guess giving it gas, kinda going nowhere deal, with how they’re sensored/solenoided to the transmission. It never missed a beat, shifted as usual, on the drive to my place a few miles away.

The oil and transmission fluid has been changed, spot on throughout its existence.
@redline4

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ball joints should get a look at.
4wd actuator on right side of oil pan can fail and eat axle shaft, make sure thats not all loose-n-floppin.
I would just give a once over to be sure the safety stuff is good and find it a home.
Thats all a guy can do. It's a machine. They can fail at any time.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ball joints should get a look at.
4wd actuator on right side of oil pan can fail and eat axle shaft, make sure thats not all loose-n-floppin.
I would just give a once over to be sure the safety stuff is good and find it a home.
Thats all a guy can do. It's a machine. They can fail at any time.
It’s a 2-wd...Like you, I just wannna find it a good home. Appreciate your help.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've noticed this trend as well.
Pic for @dall
View attachment 235830
seems you husky lovers drool over the stihl guys lol

Odd day, I guess is the best way I can summarize this one...something strange happened today that I’ve never dealt with...
open mouth insert lol

Oh boy!! You left the gates wide open with this one.
that he did
I'll go first: the DNA results are back from the lab. @DuratecMan10 is yours.
we already knew that

Wrong hole?
lol he doesnt mind
Did duratec put it in your butt?
never know
You bassturds...the pics are on my phone...I’m on an iPad Pro now...I’ll put it up from my phone.
you asked for it

Lmao...the boy would never be so brazen...
you never know he is looking for a hole

Finally nailed the gal behind you and found out there are balls?
lol more than likely

You forgot and went ass to mouth for the first time? No wait your neighbor went ass to mouth on you?
possibly best answer material

My ol’ hunting and fishing buddy, Jason, from the late 70’s/early 80’s. who passed last week...told his mother a little while back, and gave his mother my contact info...called me this morning. It was a humble deal on my end to talk with Ms. Agnes, who I haven’t seen in a few years. She told me to come get Jason’s 2006, Chevy Trailblazer. He wanted me to have it...for God only knows why. It’s an ‘06, 230K miles, in-line 4.2L 6. All the past services, oil changes, documentation, etc she provided. Jason was meticulous like that. Same as my anal self when it comes to those things.

Move forward about 8 hours., it runs like a sewing mchine..it sets in my driveway. It needed a decent bath, so I washed it with a decent wash/carnauba deal. It’s missing the door protectors on the driver’s side, but other than that, it’s good body-wise. I checked all the panel seams...it’s spot on. The interior is in great shape. I haven’t fooled with vacuuming it yet, I’ll get to this evening or tomorrow. It’s a clean ride.

Here’s the dilemma I have. I have no use for this Trailblazer...my Dodge Mega-Cab pulls everything I have, bass boat, camper just fine. Do I keep it just sitting on my driveway, or do I pass it along. It was passed along to me with ‘unfortunate circumstances.’ God rest my friends’ soul. My son, my daughter, and my ex all have SUV’s...they don’t need it. My brothers/sisters, nephews/nieces don’t need it either. They all have SUV’s as well. I’m gonna check with some extended family first...and if they say they don’t need it...I’m gonna cut it loose.

I want this ride to go to someone who needs it, a young family who might be struggling, etc...and I will not profit a single dime, much less a damn dollar on this at all. I know damn well my buddy Jason would agree. I know damn well he would...he’d give you the shirt off his back...and my Jarhead ass is the same way. I don’t need no dollar in this...you can call it hard-headed on my Marine ass...but I live by my pride...I’m gonna give this vehicle away. It’s what he would want. It would slap my ol’ buddy in the face if I did otherwise...I don’t need a dollar, profit that bad...where I can’t sleep at night. I got enough demons that crop upstairs at times...and I won’t add to that. I think my friend would be proud of my ol’ Jarhead ass! My buddy Jason was a good man...he *f-wordked up like all of us has, but he weathered the times as best he could. God rest your soul Jason Wilson...my friend!

The ride...

View attachment 235868
View attachment 235869
you really need to rake your leaves and mow your grass

I don't want a Chevy parked in my driveway...
#Parkitintheroad
lol because you like working on dodges lol

miles mean nothing anymore

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd suggest to try to find a family with a service member overseas or just rotated home that could use it. No matter the branch.
Seems the most fitting.
I'm sure there's one that could use some wheels.

This.

Right.

Here.

Or.....sell it to me. I like the hell outta those machines.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep it and save some miles on your truck. Probably cheaper on fuel and maintenance.
Understand the theory with that...but I only drive 10 miles a day round trip to the base and home. I just turned 60,700 original miles on my bought new ‘06 MegaCab 4x4 Laramie.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ol’ hunting and fishing buddy, Jason, from the late 70’s/early 80’s. who passed last week...told his mother a little while back, and gave his mother my contact info...called me this morning. It was a humble deal on my end to talk with Ms. Agnes, who I haven’t seen in a few years. She told me to come get Jason’s 2006, Chevy Trailblazer. He wanted me to have it...for God only knows why. It’s an ‘06, 230K miles, in-line 4.2L 6. All the past services, oil changes, documentation, etc she provided. Jason was meticulous like that. Same as my anal self when it comes to those things.

Move forward about 8 hours., it runs like a sewing mchine..it sets in my driveway. It needed a decent bath, so I washed it with a decent wash/carnauba deal. It’s missing the door protectors on the driver’s side, but other than that, it’s good body-wise. I checked all the panel seams...it’s spot on. The interior is in great shape. I haven’t fooled with vacuuming it yet, I’ll get to this evening or tomorrow. It’s a clean ride.

Here’s the dilemma I have. I have no use for this Trailblazer...my Dodge Mega-Cab pulls everything I have, bass boat, camper just fine. Do I keep it just sitting on my driveway, or do I pass it along. It was passed along to me with ‘unfortunate circumstances.’ God rest my friends’ soul. My son, my daughter, and my ex all have SUV’s...they don’t need it. My brothers/sisters, nephews/nieces don’t need it either. They all have SUV’s as well. I’m gonna check with some extended family first...and if they say they don’t need it...I’m gonna cut it loose.

I want this ride to go to someone who needs it, a young family who might be struggling, etc...and I will not profit a single dime, much less a damn dollar on this at all. I know damn well my buddy Jason would agree. I know damn well he would...he’d give you the shirt off his back...and my Jarhead ass is the same way. I don’t need no dollar in this...you can call it hard-headed on my Marine ass...but I live by my pride...I’m gonna give this vehicle away. It’s what he would want. It would slap my ol’ buddy in the face if I did otherwise...I don’t need a dollar, profit that bad...where I can’t sleep at night. I got enough demons that crop upstairs at times...and I won’t add to that. I think my friend would be proud of my ol’ Jarhead ass! My buddy Jason was a good man...he *f-wordked up like all of us has, but he weathered the times as best he could. God rest your soul Jason Wilson...my friend!

The ride...

View attachment 235868
View attachment 235869

Good deal there. I’m guessing Ms Agnes is keeping all his guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.