Status
Not open for further replies.

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had several Angry Orchard Hard Ciders yesterday...mix 12-pk’s of Crisp Apple, Unfiltered Crisp Apple, Rose’, Pear. Ol’ Pear and Crisp Apple ain’t too bad...first time I ever drank any.

I like Angry Orchard. It ain't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
86126669.jpg

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I my 91 Honda Accord it had some similar problems. A bad trans computer. Found a video online and it had a blown capasitor. It was pretty easy to find the bad one when pulled.

I seen a 93 f150 lose it's speedo and odometer and go into a limp mode. After the dealer say it needed a new VSS it turned out to be dirty connections.

Have you checked all fuses and wires under the hood?

I'm checking everything I can at this point Wayne. Any advanced stuff can't be checked with OBDII. Bishi's have their own system that requires the dealer scan tool. BS, I say!

Maybe you disturbed a wire connection. Or it don't like air pockets. Run it on the jack stands. Couldn't hurt.

It came with some issues. I figured a drain and filter change may help those issues. It looks like they just got more acute. And, I did use SP III Dia Queen fluid, which is Mitsu and Kia factory stuff.

First thing's first. What year, model, and engine is that 'bishi?

2006 Pajero (Montero in the US), 3.2 DiD 4M41 diesel engine with a 5VA51 5-speed auto trans. I think it's an INVECS transmission.

It's got that learning chit built in where it can calculate how you drive.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm checking everything I can at this point Wayne. Any advanced stuff can't be checked with OBDII. Bishi's have their own system that requires the dealer scan tool. BS, I say!

It came with some issues. I figured a drain and filter change may help those issues. It looks like they just got more acute. And, I did use SP III Dia Queen fluid, which is Mitsu and Kia factory stuff.

2006 Pajero (Montero in the US), 3.2 DiD 4M41 diesel engine with a 5VA51 5-speed auto trans. I think it's an INVECS transmission.

That sucks how they do that with the transmission codes. Without the codes it's a guessing game unfortunately. If the dealership will do just a diagnostic it would be great. Some of the Snap On scan tools can read them if you know anyone with one. Good luck Dan.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You're talking dinosaur, the ones that I have worked on, the only wire was for the backup light.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're talking dinosaur, the ones that I have worked on, the only wire was for the backup light.

Mine is a dinosaur....this thing is a whole other ball-o-wax, Steve. The shop manuals don't help much cause they are always referring to the diagnostic codes for troubleshooting.

That sucks how they do that with the transmission codes. Without the codes it's a guessing game unfortunately. If the dealership will do just a diagnostic it would be great. Some of the Snap On scan tools can read them if you know anyone with one. Good luck Dan.

Yep, Mike....let the guessing games begin, cause without reverse it ain't leaving the yard. Lol. Nearest dealer with a scan tool is a hour and half from here.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is a dinosaur....this thing is a whole other ball-o-wax, Steve. The shop manuals don't help much cause they are always referring to the diagnostic codes for troubleshooting.

Yep, Mike....let the guessing games begin, cause without reverse it ain't leaving the yard. Lol. Nearest dealer with a scan tool is a hour and half from here.
How many sensors are on the outside of the tranny? Could unplug one at a time, and see how it affects it. Sure would be nice if it was just a sensor.

DuratecMan10

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I don't know. That's a tough one, good luck with it! Could be anything.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many sensors are on the outside of the tranny? Could unplug one at a time, and see how it affects it. Sure would be nice if it was just a sensor.

That's what I have planned for tomorrow morning if I get time. There are two solenoids that I know of accessible from the outside.

Not in ideal locations, but I'll just have to put a jack under it and lower the cross member to give some room.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know. That's a tough one, good luck with it! Could be anything.

Thanks. Yep, it could be anything and that's about the same answer I've gotten from other forums.

Could be hydraulic, electrical or even mechanical....not to narrow it down too much. Lol.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When I checked my trans computer i pulled it from the car and opened it up. No scan tool required

DuratecMan10

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. Yep, it could be anything and that's about the same answer I've gotten from other forums.

Could be hydraulic, electrical or even mechanical....not to narrow it down too much. Lol.

Yep, too much to tell. It sucks that Mitsubishi uses their own OBD reading system to run codes. I'd check solenoids, then go from there. Maybe fuses? You said 5 speed automatic, not DCT right?

I know it sounds nuts, but try disconnecting the battery for a minute and reconnecting. Maybe it'll reset something and clear it? Only things I can come up with.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I checked my trans computer i pulled it from the car and opened it up. No scan tool required

There's a couple of isolation tests I want to run that will basically tell me if a component is faulty. There's a plug on the AT-ECU and you can run the engine without it connected from what I've read.

Supposedly, the trans is always supposed to work in Reverse and Drive, even if the ECU fails. With that plug disconnected, if Reverse works, ECU fault. If Reverse don't work, the problem is elsewhere.

The indicator light is supposed to flash when there is an electrical fault also--these are steady with no flashing.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a couple of isolation tests I want to run that will basically tell me if a component is faulty. There's a plug on the AT-ECU and you can run the engine without it connected from what I've read.

Supposedly, the trans is always supposed to work in Reverse and Drive, even if the ECU fails. With that plug disconnected, if Reverse works, ECU fault. If Reverse don't work, the problem is elsewhere.

The indicator light is supposed to flash when there is an electrical fault also--these are steady with no flashing.
Always Option B available...can o’ gas and a match! Hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.