Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I know but they look nice. Lol

Gonna replace them with Andersen's but they're pretty spendy so I gotta save up for a bit.
Anderson are decent quality, but still overpriced for that quality. Do some looking online before you buy

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anderson are decent quality, but still overpriced for that quality. Do some looking online before you buy
I have Anderson windows and they've been good. Our existing sliders are Peachtree and they've been OK but they're past their prime.

Any brands that you'd recommend Kev?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have Anderson windows and they've been good. Our existing sliders are Peachtree and they've been OK but they're past their prime.

Can you get any Jeld-Wen down there? They have a plant here that ships lots stateside, I just don't know where. I see a lot of them in the new homes here and out standards are some of the highest there are.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grandpa still likes to tell stories bout his old BSA. He raced enduro in the mid 50s.
I worked on some old bsa triumph and nortons beautiful bike's with the worst electrical system's known to man some Norton's wouldn't start until you left the headlight on until it was almost dead lol

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you get any Jeld-Wen down there? They have a plant here that ships lots stateside, I just don't know where. I see a lot of them in the new homes here and out standards are some of the highest there are.
There's a Jeld-Wen factory here in town (used to be Masonite). They only make interior doors in that particular factory as far as I know. I will look into it though. Thanks

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Peachtree, and Pella are well liked around here. I'd look into those if they'll match your windows.

A few years ago we added on to my MIL's house. She wanted a double opening French door. One side is normal, the other side has a couple latches that allow it to open also. A pine Anderson was $2700. A company from TX sold us a solid mahogany French door with a lot of glass for $1500 including delivery.

Anderson quality is fine, don't get me wrong. But it's a very expensive option

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jeld Wen are OK too. Sold at Home Depot, I believe. My experience with their sliders, though, isn't good, and is why I didn't mention them. In their defense, it could have been a bad batch, or possibly jobsite conditions.
Their windows on that job were fine though

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Peachtree, and Pella are well liked around here. I'd look into those if they'll match your windows.

A few years ago we added on to my MIL's house. She wanted a double opening French door. One side is normal, the other side has a couple latches that allow it to open also. A pine Anderson was $2700. A company from TX sold us a solid mahogany French door with a lot of glass for $1500 including delivery.

Anderson quality is fine, don't get me wrong. But it's a very expensive option
Ok I'll keep those in mind. I have a few months to shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.