huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is that archer chain kevin? I've noticed a few people on here talking about it
It's alright. Iron and Bark used some and says it's a bit wide- almost as wide as 3/8. Nice long cutters though. Awol sells it. And there's a dealer in WI or MN on ebay. The price is right

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chain is getting stupid expensive. Yesterday I went to the Stihl dealer and got a 72 and 84 dl. Fiddy bucks. Wtf
I haven't bought a Stihl chain in a couple years. Loggerchain is good for common and odd dl counts. And LCS has sales a few times a year. LGX 72 dl $9.99 and 84 dl 12.99 with free shipping

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm at a switching point on oil, so I think I might give the Red Armor a try.
Good stuff.. Termitebuffet turned me after i asked him about it. I told him I have always liked Echo junk... anyways he popped a ported saw apart and showed the film left in the crankcase and i was sold.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff.. Termitebuffet turned me after i asked him about it. I told him I have always liked Echo junk... anyways he popped a ported saw apart and showed the film left in the crankcase and i was sold.
Up until now I have been using Lucas semi synthetic with so so results. I'm out right know so it's a good time to make the switch. From what I have heard the Red Armor should be better than the Lucas.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up until now I have been using Lucas semi synthetic with so so results. I'm out right know so it's a good time to make the switch. From what I have heard the Red Armor should be better than the Lucas.
Its good. I've seen no issues in the TS420s we run at work. Its readily available too. Win for me.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked the Archer, but I tell ya, like Wayne said, that Raisman chain HL Supply sells is some fast chain out of the box. I recently did a head to head with brand new Raisman round ground against brand new Oregon square ground on an 036 same 20" bar same frozen Norway log, both 3/8" .050". Oregon three cuts 14 seconds each, Raisman three cuts 11 seconds each.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked the Archer, but I tell ya, like Wayne said, that Raisman chain HL Supply sells is some fast chain out of the box. I recently did a head to head with brand new Raisman round ground against brand new Oregon square ground on an 036 same 20" bar same frozen Norway log, both 3/8" .050". Oregon three cuts 14 seconds each, Raisman three cuts 11 seconds each.
Prices by the roll are pretty reasonable too

Status
Not open for further replies.