Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 431894

New master cylinder - I spent about the last hour trying to get the line on the left started in again. I can’t seem to get it squared up. Not much room to work with either.
…aaaaannnd the female threads in the new master cyl are smaller on the front location only 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 431894

New master cylinder - I spent about the last hour trying to get the line on the left started in again. I can’t seem to get it squared up. Not much room to work with either.
I have had to start the line fittings before bolting the master cylinder down.
Pro tip, Hammers fix everything.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It'll fit, It'll fit, looks the same it'll fit. Sum bish, it ain't gonna fit.Sorry Andy, been there too LOL🤬🤬
After some back and forth with the parts supplier, I verified they sold me the correct part. It’s likely someone cobbled this previously, so now I’m fixing all that as well 🤦🏻‍♂️

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After some back and forth with the parts supplier, I verified they sold me the correct part. It’s likely someone cobbled this previously, so now I’m fixing all that as well 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hey Andy, before you start changing out tubing I would suggest this. Measure the id of your master cylinder port and the compare with the steel tube on the machine. You could use a drill bit to gauge id's. If they are the same just use a step down adapter to make it work. You don't have to worry about DOT approval on that skidder. Make save alot of extra work. I've seen same id tubing with different nuts.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Andy, before you start changing out tubing I would suggest this. Measure the id of your master cylinder port and the compare with the steel tube on the machine. You could use a drill bit to gauge id's. If they are the same just use a step down adapter to make it work. You don't have to worry about DOT approval on that skidder. Make save alot of extra work. I've seen same id tubing with different nuts.
Great idea. I should have enough room for 1 adapter, since the other side has a step-up.

I got one more suggestion and I'll let you alone. Be sure to bench bleed that master cylinder. Did it come with plastics to do that?
No it did not. I’ve never bench bled a master cylinder before - always just thrown them on and bled them once hooked up. What do I gain by bench bleeding it?