Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friends / associates / miscreants however you want to be addressed I need some advice. I think the time has come to give up on the idea that I want to walk my lawn mowing, it’s time to drive. Half acre lot with some slope, tractor or zero-turn. I figure max deck size that makes sense if a 42”.

Recommendations? Horror stories?
In my experiences as a former Lawn Tech for John Deere, 48” seems to be the sweet spot for deck width. The triple blade 48” is just an all around nicer cutting setup than decks larger or smaller. Zero turn is much faster in overall time to cut the lawn, and it sounds like you are trying to save time. Tractor may be more useful if you want to add a snowblower attachment, etc down the road.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friends / associates / miscreants however you want to be addressed I need some advice. I think the time has come to give up on the idea that I want to walk my lawn mowing, it’s time to drive. Half acre lot with some slope, tractor or zero-turn. I figure max deck size that makes sense if a 42”.

Horse :p

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my experiences as a former Lawn Tech for John Deere, 48” seems to be the sweet spot for deck width. The triple blade 48” is just an all around nicer cutting setup than decks larger or smaller. Zero turn is much faster in overall time to cut the lawn, and it sounds like you are trying to save time. Tractor may be more useful if you want to add a snowblower attachment, etc down the road.
We have a 24HP Gravely with a 48" deck. Bad mfer.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Heck, I mow almost a half acre with a 22" self propelled push mower

Can't hide poverty

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon suckers,

the tractor has started, so far no leaks.
Now I'm just hoping that one of you monkeys can recommend good headlights for a Massey Ferguson 42xx, 43xx
What size or any other info about these headlights Tor?
We have pretty good JWSpeaker stuff that fits CNH and John Deere, but whether you'd even find them in Europe?

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Massey Ferguson 4355
Are you wanting to replace the existing bulbs or completely replace the headlight assembly

I know ZERO about tractor's but depending on the setup if it is a common headlight bulb base you could probably find an appropriate retrofit kit on Amazon

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the federals stop by. You don't know me. Thanks bro.
I'm telling them you taught the class Mr. Teacher.
I'd bet you'll have visitors, eventually...
I’d be surprised if not.
Maybe so, but I don't know that I have any useful information. He never spoke about guns or politics, or even anything violent. He was one of the more intelligent people in the class, but not genius-freak level smart.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you wanting to replace the existing bulbs or completely replace the headlight assembly

I know ZERO about tractor's but depending on the setup if it is a common headlight bulb base you could probably find an appropriate retrofit kit on Amazon
Not a recommendation, but 3 secs on the www...

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try to avoid buying anything other than steel bar, I'm so clumsy when chopping that it's good to have one bar that is elastic without permanently bending lol

TsuMura comes with a premium bar for the K095 mount as well, as does Cannonbar with Duralite. They just haven't hit the market yet.
Both of these brands are known to have delivery problems.

Good times for those of us who feel finished with laminated bars.
It's hard to bend a 13" bar Tor
IMG_20240508_140459.jpgIMG_20240701_162239.jpg
I bought several of these copy light bar's
They were 40.00 with chains are solid bar's with cutouts
Seem fine I've cut some with them IMG_20240708_105630.jpg
I bought several of these versacuts year's ago and they have held up good over the year's they run about 50.00 for a 24"
I haven't tried any of the versacut shorter bar's i need some k095s for saws I'm selling.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yup, 3 secs on the web

Or find a bulb kit that interchanges with stock or even pair that with a supplemental set of wide beam LED auxiliary lights for a very small fraction of those $200 + to $500 lights

I don't know śhit about tractors but you can get a butt load of light that will improve the low speed light needs of a tractor for not a lot of money if you just think it through

One reason I asked him what his plans were

No offense intended