timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never Gary, Most of us are proud, arrogant, hard working, diks. Good morning our country of Independence. I salute and hold my first cup of coffee to the men and women of our armed services both fallen and current.THANK YOU FOR OUR FREEDOM!!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta ask Ed. Is the 5.3 an engine to hot rod? You have been posting a chit ton on the valve train issue. Do all these issues go away with aftermarket components? Is it design, lack of maintenance, or country of components manufacture? It seems as if the General needs to belly up to the bar on valve train failures. Your thoughts??

For sure. I'm putting one in my Chevelle.
The older LS engines can make really good power with nothing but a cam. Even the 4.8 is capable of legit numbers for a sub 300ci engine.
The newer LT engines make great power too. The cylinder heads are probably even better. Problem is that instead of cutting 4 cylinders, they have the ability to deactive all the cylinders.
Most issues stem from lifter issues. If they did away with the deactivation, I probably wouldn't see the engine for much of anything.

You also have to bear in mind, for every one I'm taking apart, there's 20 more still driving around town and when these end up in our shop I'm probably doing 80% + of these that show up.

I was informed yesterday that there's another 3.0 diesel setting cam correlation codes that will be coming in soon too.