nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have good insurance now with my new job
And finally went to a podiatrist for a large knot on my big toe joint from gout deposits from 27 year's ago didn't know i had gout then
Just annoying because i have to use shoe/boot stretchers
And it occasionally like every few year's gets a gout flareup
So i ask to have it operated on
Youtube has tons of videos where they cut the skin open and flush out the uric acid deposits
Looks like cottage cheese.
But this motherfuker wants to filet my big toe and the next two toes
Peel the meat back and straighten my toe bones
I said my f ucking toes don't hurt but the goddam mass on the side of my foot does
I'm here for the painful area not the not painful area
I'd just got off work after 12 hours and went to him at 8am
And he made me angry
I said do you want me to fund you damn retirement or something
Because this is b ullshit.
If you have that good insurance get another opinion.
I'd find a good rheumatologist. Let them know when setting up appointment what you need help with, as some doctors have a better understanding than others. There are meds, that once brought up to proper levels, that will dissolve and let you pass those deposits.
You might have flareups during the process but it will pass. Usually they will prescribe stuff to make the flareups tolerable.
I know personally about this process.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love ya Adam.
I really don't give a chit about anything @ the moment.
I'm trying to improve my position, but it seems like I cant win for loosing.
I got a long fight ahead of me.
More than I care to bear @ 57 years old!
May be time to lean on this group in the thread. You are not alone. Praying for you buddy.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd find a good rheumatologist. Let them know when setting up appointment what you need help with, as some doctors have a better understanding than others. There are meds, that once brought up to proper levels, that will dissolve and let you pass those deposits.
You might have flareups during the process but it will pass. Usually they will prescribe stuff to make the flareups tolerable.
I've been issue free for more than 10years, and with a few selective changes haven't need meds for most of those years.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one she's great but whatever is in that joint will not go away
I don't know if it's tophi or damage from an accident
I'll go many year's and only have little flare-ups when i skip my medicines.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I looked that race up last night. So it was 410 winged, sprint crate non winged, and midgets??? That's a different line up for sure but I bet quite entertaining. Glad yinz had a good time!!
So the guy from New Zealand that won the A Feature. Is he a local regular? You normally see those guys in High Limit or WOO.

Yes it was 410 winged, sprint crate, and the badger midgets. I was shocked at how well all classes of cars hooked coming out of turn 4, it was common to see both front tires in the air as they got on to the front straight.

This was my first time attending any 4 wheeled race events on a dirt track, so I must admit I know nearly nothing of the drivers and who is who. I took my wife and kids, but all three of them got cold when the sun went down and were getting crabby. I should have made them bring sweatshirts, but it was in the 80's when we left the house 🤷‍♂️. I was forced to pack it up right after the midget A-main to keep them happy (plus my youngest is getting over an ear infection- was probably a little loud for him even with ear protection) , so I missed the 410 A main. The fella from New Zealand was definitely fast!

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
1:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it was a bit hot that day 🙄 it was the day I had to move those expensive rocks (sculptures)

I lived in Australia for a yr (backpacking etc), you get used to the heat. But here just the odd day it’s apita as you don’t/can't acclimatise that quick 😉

I can completely understand other peoples thoughts of “but it’s only 26*C”.
My wish is …. Make it 26~30*c for a month or two . That’s what I call a real nice summer 👍