Not So Pro 3

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Police funerals are about the saddest thing you’ll witness. The end of watch call the dispatcher puts over the radio is just gut wrenching. Sadly, i’ve been to too many. Friends of my Dad and such and now i’ll go to Brad’s.
I’ve only been to one and it was very much as described.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What RPM are you checking timing at?
I've never checked it with a light above an idle. A Duraspark distributor has a preset amount of advance that you can set into it as you assemble the distributor. Mine advances mechanically 18° at the rotor, which is 36° at the crank. Add 6 or 8 initial timing and that's your total. The cam is small, and the compression is high, so I'm seeing too little total, if initial is low enough for it to start without dragging.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh ya, and not even reach the second floor or basement. You thinking on getting into fly fishing or spin casting??
I have some spin casting equipment already. Fly fishing looks like the next adventure on the list. Some of it looks pretty affordable and some of it also looks like it's out of the reach of a normal person's budget

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some spin casting equipment already. Fly fishing looks like the next adventure on the list. Some of it looks pretty affordable and some of it also looks like it's out of the reach of a normal person's budget
I have been fly fishing for over 60 years and as rabbit holes go, it can get real deep, real fast, IF YOU LET IT

You can also have loads of fun with good affordable gear and some common sense

Yuppies drove the prices of gear up to astronomical levels, but that also drove innovation and quality to amazing heights, so thats a double edge sword

It boils down to the age old truth that a 100 year old 30/06 will still kill an elk or moose dead as a stone and you don't need a $2,000 rod and reel to fool a trout

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been fly fishing for over 60 years and as rabbit holes go, it can get real deep, real fast, IF YOU LET IT

You can also have loads of fun with good affordable gear and some common sense

Yuppies drove the prices of gear up to astronomical levels, but that also drove innovation and quality to amazing heights, so thats a double edge sword

It boils down to the age old truth that a 100 year old 30/06 will still kill an elk or moose dead as a stone and you don't need a $2,000 rod and reel to fool a trout
$150 worth of gear will take care of you for many years. Once you get good at it the pricier rods and reals do make things easier. Even then, you don’t need to get 80% of the hi-dollar crap to have a great time. After a while you discover a dozen different flies will do the job 95% of the time.
You’ve got me by 2 years 😁

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$150 worth of gear will take care of you for many years. Once you get good at it the pricier rods and reals do make things easier. Even then, you don’t need to get 80% of the hi-dollar crap to have a great time. After a while you discover a dozen different flies will do the job 95% of the time.
You’ve got me by 2 years 😁
Young whippersnapper

Get off muh river

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Larry, I see you still have the hood up on the F250. Would that be something you may be sailing in the future??
Good eyes Tim, I thought I did a good job cropping that picture. I guess not. Not sailing, heads are at the machine shop. Should be back soon. Next is the bed is coming off to replace the rear tank. Thinking about a 38 gallon to give it some range. May just replace them both while i have it apart. Besides, you have the Honda.