Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the remote lever on the old man's tractor fixed with the part @Only the Tony found for me.
Thanks!
View attachment 406545View attachment 406546

I figure I should ship the old one over to the pot metal pony to use as a muffler.
Funny thing about that part is that it is used on other models of New Holland tractors as well. If you search for like horsepower models you can find it listed for sale on Messicks. I just went under the assumption that it was used for other brands and started the search there. So many things are just off the shelf parts, but stick a brand label on it an suddenly its price jumps exponentially. Farm truck threw a couple codes pulling hay today and I figured it needed a turbo rebuild. Found a Garrett with International part number brand new for just a bit more than what it would cost me for the parts, not mentioning the time for tear down, clean and rebuild. I'll watch for marked down parts and rebuild the other at leisure and put it on a shelf in the next few months.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it was touch and go but the boss is home in one piece and seems to be doing ok

Her blood pressure spiked way high last night and this morning but they pretty much determined it was a response to the pain where they hacked on the vertebrae and inserted the rods and bolts and stuffs so they decided to let her come home

I ended up having to snowblow a path out to the road after all and the drive in was a one lane nightmare in almost whiteout conditions but I got there and back in one piece

The bad news is I didn't get a chance to straighten up the living room so she saw my stack of Goat Breeders Monthly magazines, my collection of dent pullers dog chew toys, and my lifesize cardboard cutout of @dall and Dolly the goat getting jiggy at the office Christmas party

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great weekend here. All of the woods time, time with the lady, then this evening my son stopped over with the CJ5 he got recently and took me for a spin. It rode much better than I'd imagined, plus it's Windsor powered so it got us back home. He got the historical plate for it from the garage here that his great grandpa had saved.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it was touch and go but the boss is home in one piece and seems to be doing ok

Her blood pressure spiked way high last night and this morning but they pretty much determined it was a response to the pain where they hacked on the vertebrae and inserted the rods and bolts and stuffs so they decided to let her come home

I ended up having to snowblow a path out to the road after all and the drive in was a one lane nightmare in almost whiteout conditions but I got there and back in one piece

The bad news is I didn't get a chance to straighten up the living room so she saw my stack of Goat Breeders Monthly magazines, my collection of dent pullers dog chew toys, and my lifesize cardboard cutout of @dall and Dolly the goat getting jiggy at the office Christmas party
Pictures of the lifesize cardboard cutout?

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I read the pages back on this. Good deal getting her home. Don't let @dall talk you down for taking care of her. He may give you *s-word about how you use the dent puller though.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
6:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother hauled about 8 dismounted tires to the dump for me while he made trash runs, so to pay him back I grabbed all these tires the p.o. left all over his yard and hauled them over to a neighbor's tire machine. ~3-4 hours later, the fight was over, they've all been dismounted and are ready for him to haul to the dump. The rims are all either tweaker-car spares or 16.5's so they're going in his scrap trailer. My back's already telling me how stupid I was slinging water-filled 33" tires on 10" wide rims onto a tailgate that's 2-3' off the ground.
IMG_6309.jpegIMG_6310.jpeg

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, but I think I figured out how it broke.
That lower bolts is very close to the pivot chain link. In fact I ground it down for more clearance.
I think it loosened slightly and was making contact.
I vaguely recall my dad saying the remote lever was stuck once when real cold out. In true King family tradition he used zero finesse and just plain gave that bìtch all it could handle until it broke the flange and the lever began to move again...
As my old dad was fond of saying, "tight as you can get it, plus half a turn"