Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning, been awake for several hours and finally gave up

10 above, blowing and snowing with a travel advisory

The boss is supposed to get released today and I have to make the trip in early to pick up some prescriptions and go to whatever pharmacy I can find open on a Sunday morning

The driveway is drifted over as bad as I have seen and I hope I can bust out with the 4Runner

Updates as they happen

Carry on
Be careful Michael, glad to hear she is doing well enough to go home.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Afternoon All. Late start to the day here after being out late celebrating a friends 50th. Foggy as An old Sherlock Holmes movie out there today, 2snt a lot of fun on the hwy at 1am either.

Hovering around the thaw point and wet, could be scary on the roads if the temps drop any.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s going around here too - youngest had a fever yesterday and through the night with a headache and nasty cough. Now my wife isn’t feeling well this morning.
I had a cold a couple weeks ago and was just getting over it. Now this crap is settling in. I rarely get sick and typically only a couple days I’m good. Not sure wtf is going on this year.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! Did you buy spare so it will never break again? 🤓

I would have lol

No, but I think I figured out how it broke.
That lower bolts is very close to the pivot chain link. In fact I ground it down for more clearance.
I think it loosened slightly and was making contact.
I vaguely recall my dad saying the remote lever was stuck once when real cold out. In true King family tradition he used zero finesse and just plain gave that bìtch all it could handle until it broke the flange and the lever began to move again...

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, but I think I figured out how it broke.
That lower bolts is very close to the pivot chain link. In fact I ground it down for more clearance.
I think it loosened slightly and was making contact.
I vaguely recall my dad saying the remote lever was stuck once when real cold out. In true King family tradition he used zero finesse and just plain gave that bìtch all it could handle until it broke the flange and the lever began to move again...
Did he pee in its butt?

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon guys. We have the first back to back sunny days this year in the lower mitten. Tipped over a small hickory yesterday for cook wood at the cabin. Sap has already started here so the damn rounds at the base were nearing no-go. About to head back over with the XS2149/53 to work on the top.IMG_1732.jpg.
I'd been casually asking around for hickory for a minute and a co-worker that is doing some land management for deer habitat gave me this one. Couldn't go during hunting season and between weather and other plans I hadn't been able until now. There is a white oak spar near this that the top blew out of that I may as about too. I don't need it, but it's convenient and oak is so easy to work up. Another guy at work said people are getting $300/cord here this winter.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a cold a couple weeks ago and was just getting over it. Now this crap is settling in. I rarely get sick and typically only a couple days I’m good. Not sure wtf is going on this year.
I don’t know what is going around but it is multiple things here. I know when I returned from Texas in mid January there were at least a dozen people that were sick for a week or more after. Some Covid, some other respiratory stuff. Everything has even longer lasting and hitting harder this year

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

There's a pretty big immunity gap according to health professionals that aren't scared to be honest.