JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
10:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna work for the water authority.

Those guys have sitting in the truck and leaning on a shovel down to a science, I rode past the same crew twice today a few hours apart and they were all in the same position doing the same exact thing, those guys in the trucks almost wore out the seats with their ass.
A friend of mine worked for PennDOT and he quit after 6 months because he couldn't stand being that lazy anymore. Told me in an 8 hour day they might spend 30 minutes actually doing something, and whatever they did would be completely half-assed. The rest of the time was driving in circles and standing around.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A friend of mine worked for PennDOT and he quit after 6 months because he couldn't stand being that lazy anymore. Told me in an 8 hour day they might spend 30 minutes actually doing something, and whatever they did would be completely half-assed. The rest of the time was driving in circles and standing around.

There was somewhere between 9-11 guys there for a job 3 guys could do if they actually worked.

I know a dude that works for PennDOT that says the same thing, he's borderline proud he makes as much money as he does to do as little as he does.

I guess you need 6 guys to put in a road sign to justify the price.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank god!! We have enough fukwits around here without your help.

Nice burn...

Shortly after both of ours started school, we were talked to about bumping them from kindergarten right to 2nd or 3rd grade, because of how far ahead they already were in reading, writing, math and comprehension of everything. We chose to keep them in the class with kids their age.

I know being book smart ain't everything. But it was nice to know they didn't take after me. I almost got held back in 5th & 7th grade because of how bad I failed english/spelling. Give me a puter with spell check I figure stuff out pretty close, with a pen & paper I suck.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In a long line of things that make a fella say......WTF?

I was reading this and saw another article

I am not trying to make light of the story, it's tragic

I am simply trying to figure out how an unmanned drone is capable of a "suicide" strike

Maybe drones have pronouns now?

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was somewhere between 9-11 guys there for a job 3 guys could do if they actually worked.

I know a dude that works for PennDOT that says the same thing, he's borderline proud he makes as much money as he does to do as little as he does.

I guess you need 6 guys to put in a road sign to justify the price.

In my 20's I had the privilege of putting in a 1/4 plus mile of fence & guardrail, so other punk kids could not drive through a certain ditch and tear it up. There was always water in said ditch, and it was a fun place to mud bog. I just happened to get caught one day.

Anyways, 8 or 9 county guys, in 3 different county crewcab trucks, sat and supervised me for the entire day, post hole digging and installing this fence & guardrail. When they first showed up that morning, I thought holy hell, all this man power we will be done before lunch. I was wrong.

Not one of them did a damn bit of work, the entire day. They all sat in the trucks, looking at playboys and eating snacks. Once and while one would get out of a truck, go in the woods and piss. Or the lead guy would come talk to me for a minute or two, then back in his truck. Those 3 trucks idled all damn day, not one of them guys did any work.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my 20's I had the privilege of putting in a 1/4 plus mile of fence & guardrail, so other punk kids could not drive through a certain ditch and tear it up. There was always water in said ditch, and it was a fun place to mud bog. I just happened to get caught one day.

Anyways, 8 or 9 county guys, in 3 different county crewcab trucks, sat and supervised me for the entire day, post hole digging and installing this fence & guardrail. When they first showed up that morning, I thought holy hell, all this man power we will be done before lunch. I was wrong.

Not one of them did a damn bit of work, the entire day. They all sat in the trucks, looking at playboys and eating snacks. Once and while one would get out of a truck, go in the woods and piss. Or the lead guy would come talk to me for a minute or two, then back in his truck. Those 3 trucks idled all damn day, not one of them guys did any work.
I worked for my county hwy dept for 3 years. I loved running equipment and plowing snow. But I hated the laziness. Only job I’ve ever worked where I got yelled at for working too hard. It drove me crazy. There were jobs we did like you explained with too many people for said job, and I was embarrassed to be seen standing around. I couldn’t live with that, that’s not how I was raised.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice burn...

Shortly after both of ours started school, we were talked to about bumping them from kindergarten right to 2nd or 3rd grade, because of how far ahead they already were in reading, writing, math and comprehension of everything. We chose to keep them in the class with kids their age.

I know being book smart ain't everything. But it was nice to know they didn't take after me. I almost got held back in 5th & 7th grade because of how bad I failed english/spelling. Give me a puter with spell check I figure stuff out pretty close, with a pen & paper I suck.
Hahaha..I kid man but we all have our strong and weak points. Good parenting goes a long ways. My kids got a helluva lot better start in life than I ever did and it shows.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I worked for my county hwy dept for 3 years. I loved running equipment and plowing snow. But I hated the laziness. Only job I’ve ever worked where I got yelled at for working too hard. It drove me crazy. There were jobs we did like you explained with too many people for said job, and I was embarrassed to be seen standing around. I couldn’t live with that, that’s not how I was raised.

The money our states and municipalities waste is seriously mind numbing.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I didn't work for the county, I just subbed for a day, the sheriff that caught me mud bogging, gave me a choice.

He said I could either put in the fence/guardrail and he would not write me a single ticket, or he would start writing tickets and he would not stop until they totaled up to round about $3,000. Part of the plea deal he offered me, was I also scrape all the mud off the road. There was a nice 36 inch wide snow shovel in my truck bed, but he would not let me use it. Instead I used this 6 inch wide shovel he provided me with. I'm not sure where he got his hands on the worlds smallest shovel, but he pulled the shovel out of his trunk with a grin on his face, handed it to me and said this should teach you something.

Geezzz it was a real tuff choice, loose a days wages at $300-350. Or pay almost 3 grand in fines.....

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
but you still do it lol

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like union lineman.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna work for the water authority.

Those guys have sitting in the truck and leaning on a shovel down to a science, I rode past the same crew twice today a few hours apart and they were all in the same position doing the same exact thing, those guys in the trucks almost wore out the seats with their ass.
Doesn’t that describe one of the Dave’s? The one that Dal tries to claim parenthood of his kids?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I had to do some community service as a delinquent teen, I had to paint, cut grass and pick up garbage.

I deserved it.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We all have the same problems. Nothing special in PA in this regard. GOV=waste

I thought about making a better contribution to society and taking up a gender studies job for uncle sam for about 250k a year, those jobs really help the world out and account for money well spent.