Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men. Starting the day off at 30 and going up to 50 today. Nice and slow melt off before the rain arrives tomorrow. Finishing the job. Going to be quite a bit of water around here. Good luck with your roof Michael, @3browns
Thanks Larry

The wind has calmed down considerably

Fingers crossed as we have precipitation forecast for Saturday and Monday and then temps down in the 15 below zero range for a week so they kind of have a very small window to do a repair although I don't see how the adhesive on the new shingles will have a chance so I will ask about supplemental adhesive as some of the members here have suggested

I will keep you posted

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two words.

Standing seam.

3 words, standing seam copper.
The 4th word is the hardest, expensive.

Exactly what I was thinking. With all the snow and ice up there this would be best. It’s expensive but would last forever.

Good morning fellas. I agree about a metal roof, especially with a lot of snow. Self cleaning and lighter to begin with.

My brother had standing seam installed on his house at the NC coast. It was guaranteed to stay on up to 140mph sustained, and 180mph gusts.

Metal....but not with exposed fasteners. No way in hell I'd use the type with screws and rubber washers on a house. A barn....a shed, sure.....but not on a house.
So I looked up standing seam roofs and they look nice

We asked about metal roofing when we started this house project and it was not an option with the builder and to be honest, metal roofs are not all that popular or plentiful up here, but then most of the ones you see have exposed fasteners as Randy mentioned and all the problems that brings

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We asked about metal roofing when we started this house project and it was not an option with the builder and to be honest, metal roofs are not all that popular or plentiful up here, but then most of the ones you see have exposed fasteners as Randy mentioned and all the problems that brings

Thatched roof.
Because save the environment and shìt.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I could send you some palm fronds. Just pay shipping…