Not So Pro 3

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even the NAPA stores here have turned glitzy like Auto Zone and OReillys instead of the “hard parts” store as I used to call them.

Chrome muffler bearings vs ball joints

Now pretty much a wash
Our napa is still old school, at least for now. The others, meh!

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I hope she banged his best friend because Advance sucks the worst of the local parts stores. Pep Boys used to hold the title for worst parts store by a country mile, but they went out of business, now the title falls to Advance, though NAPA is a close second.
I put my napa against any of your local parts stores. They still make hydraulic hoses too.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning fellas. Woke up in a King Suite in Wis Dells this morning. Spending part of the day at the indoor water park then heading home.. We surprised the kids yesterday and told them for Christmas we were taking them to this place. So far it’s been a huge win for our family - lots of excitement, smiles, laughs and memories being made.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a local parts store just up the road that makes hydraulic lines, battery cables, etc. They have two employees, and they both know their business. Usually, anything is available overnight. Prices are usually too high though.

At least in my neck of the woods, currently and for the past couple years, O'Reilly has been the best. When the Autozone first opened up, probably 10 or 12 years ago, it was pretty good. They were always well-stocked, well staffed, most employees knew enough about cars and sales and inventory to get you what you needed. It was well-run. Then when O'Reilly hit the market, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, all of the good, longtime employees from AZ fled to O'Reilly. Ever since AZ has been a revolving door of employees and a general clusterfuk.

The nearby NAPAs are bad. Small, ancient inventory. They have stuff that has been on the shelf longer than I've been alive. Everytime I go to NAPA, they either don't have it, can't get it, or it'll take about a week to get here.

What parts stores seemingly don't understand is that RockAuto beats the *s-word out of any retail parts place. The ONLY reason I'm shopping at a brick and mortar store for parts, is because I need it asap. If you have a small, crappy inventory, you're useless to me.
I don't use the chain parts stores unless I'm in town, and need a belt or hose. I get 90% of my parts from RockAuto.....

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning fellas. Woke up in a King Suite in Wis Dells this morning. Spending part of the day at the indoor water park then heading home.. We surprised the kids yesterday and told them for Christmas we were taking them to this place. So far it’s been a huge win for our family - lots of excitement, smiles, laughs and memories being made.

If you are at the Kalahari, avoid go-karts.
The *dipsticks running it will kick you off for not using the brakes, even though the entire course can be driven wide open by a 4 year old...

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The *dipsticks running it will kick you off for not using the brakes, even though the entire course can be driven wide open by a 4 year old...
Copy that! And yes we are. It’s been about 20 years since I had been here. Decided it was time for the boys to experience it. 260,000 sq ft of indoor water park keeps them busy all day.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Copy that! And yes we are. It’s been about 20 years since I had been here. Decided it was time for the boys to experience it. 260,000 sq ft of indoor water park keeps them busy all day.

Yup, plenty of stuff to do at the water park, avoid the "dry" stuff, it's not worth it!

Woodrow

Reynolds Crane - Home of Ported and Polished Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No problem. I’m sure I can dig it something to contribute as well.

How long are we running this thing? I kind of over spent on the holidays?
I would imagine this will run through the end of January. That will give some guys time to get in after Christmas.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We went to the one in Sandusky, OH once. Its sucked so we went the Great Wolf Lodge a few miles up the road the next time and it was awesome. Now we go to Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City, Mi

We go with the group of friends we glamp (wife calls it) with all summer. So, 8 adults and 7 kids. Alcohol is consumed.