3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this parts thing...
I work for a national chain, owned by a multi national.
Our parts are bigger and heavier than car shop ones in the main, but the business model is similar.

Customers don't want to pay more than they have to for bits, so it becomes a low margin race to the bottom. Because it's low margin, wages are poor, so most of the staff are too.
My deal is different, but I really feel for the store based peeps. We have over 3600 part numbers in our branch alone, and heavy trailers don't come with online parts diagrams, yet somehow it's their fault if they don't know what particular air brake valve lowboysdotcom used on the customers "It's a 3 axle" version. And then it turns out be a lowloadersareus build anyway.

Maybe just remember you should get further with Sugar than Spice with folks who are just trying to pay the bills like you are.
I don't EVER go into any kind of establishment with an attitude, even if I am returning something or have a problem

That doesn't mean I won't end up with an attitude if provoked

I know that people are trying to make a living and pay bills; however, why should I put up with someone "helping" me who is pissed off at THEIR situation in life that is based on THEIR choices regarding education, lifestyle, etc and comes at me guns hot before word one is even spoken

I treat the person behind the counter at McDonalds with the same respect I treat a server in a fine restaurant, unless or until they decide to treat me like I am a bother and an inconvenience

I think that is the point several of us are trying to make, it's less about what these places stock or don't stock and more about the incompetent azzholes we simply don't want to or won't deal with

I will never understand why companies would rather pay *s-wordt wages and get *s-wordt employees and have peoplke walking around telling other people about their *s-wordt experience at XYZ when they could pay a bit more and have people walking around saying "wow, the service at XYZ is amazing"

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't EVER go into any kind of establishment with an attitude, even if I am returning something or have a problem

That doesn't mean I won't end up with an attitude if provoked

I know that people are trying to make a living and pay bills; however, why should I put up with someone "helping" me who is pissed off at THEIR situation in life that is based on THEIR choices regarding education, lifestyle, etc and comes at me guns hot before word one is even spoken

I treat the person behind the counter at McDonalds with the same respect I treat a server in a fine restaurant, unless or until they decide to treat me like I am a bother and an inconvenience

I think that is the point several of us are trying to make, it's less about what these places stock or don't stock and more about the incompetent azzholes we simply don't want to or won't deal with

I will never understand why companies would rather pay *s-wordt wages and get *s-wordt employees and have peoplke walking around telling other people about their *s-wordt experience at XYZ when they could pay a bit more and have people walking around saying "wow, the service at XYZ is amazing"
Wasn't a dig at you, or anyone else specifically, Michael.
Just some background.
I agree with you 💯 on the attitude thing. I have to Dad Eye one of my colleagues now and then when he forgets his manners under pressure.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't a dig at you, or anyone else specifically, Michael.
Just some background.
I agree with you 💯 on the attitude thing. I have to Dad Eye one of my colleagues now and then when he forgets his manners under pressure.
I certainly didn't take it as a dig at me and if it came across like I was beating up on you then I apologize Adam

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where are the gizzards? I remember eating them with my dad. I was the one that would eat them with him. Fried with onions and potatoes was good stuff.
Liver and gizzards are the 2 things I love that the boss just doesn't understand

Turkey gizzards at Thanksgiving are a highlight of my year