Not So Pro 3

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard his therapist reckons he needs to face his fear daily so as to build up an immunity.

Ima send him this to keep on his bedside table. If nothing else it'll stop his Hustlers from blowing open. Well not every page obviously....💦
View attachment 401382
Damn kiwi, what'd I do to you? 🤣

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wasted 15 minutes of my life at Autozone while 2 mouth breathing employees attempted to find a carburetor kit that they had in stock and not one employee could find. I don't think either of them knew what a carburetor is and certainly didn't know what a carb kit is. Oh and both mouth breathing employees were at least in their 40s, not kids.

I was so irritated I think my eye starting twitching.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard his therapist reckons he needs to face his fear daily so as to build up an immunity.

Ima send him this to keep on his bedside table. If nothing else it'll stop his Hustlers from blowing open. Well not every page obviously....💦
View attachment 401382
What does this mean in Kiwi talk?

Askin fer a friend…

IMG_4377.jpeg

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wasted 15 minutes of my life at Autozone while 2 mouth breathing employees attempted to find a carburetor kit that they had in stock and not one employee could find. I don't think either of them knew what a carburetor is and certainly didn't know what a carb kit is. Oh and both mouth breathing employees were at least in their 40s, not kids.

I laugh my ass off every time I see an Autozone commercial where it shows a woman coming out to a vehicle and using some kind of analyzer to tell the poor housewife what’s wrong with her soccer mom van

In my experience they would be more apt to smoke a battery and a pair of jumper cables despite everything being color coded than be able to analyze anything more complicated than a worn out air freshener

Plus IMG_4378.jpeg

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I laugh my ass off every time I see an Autozone commercial where it shows a woman coming out to a vehicle and using some kind of analyzer to tell the poor housewife what’s wrong with her soccer mom van

In my experience they would be more apt to smoke a battery and a pair of jumper cables despite everything being color coded than be able to analyze anything more complicated than a worn out air freshener

I always look everything up online before I go, make sure the store has what I'm looking for in stock and have the part number with me. I don't waste my time with the "Is that a V6?" routine when I need wiper blades. I'd go in the back and get the parts myself but I got kicked out of Advance Auto once for that.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

just think what it will be like in another 20 years
What does this mean in Kiwi talk?

Askin fer a friend…

View attachment 401386
you have soft hands is what it means lol

Plus View attachment 401388
lol advance auto company was started and ran by a guy
autozone was started by his ex wife when they divorced
so that is why there is usually one of each in close area of each other

Had you more as a Cream of Sum Yung Gai type bro.
lmao he is but he likes everything creamy
I always look everything up online before I go, make sure the store has what I'm looking for in stock and have the part number with me. I don't waste my time with the "Is that a V6?" routine when I need wiper blades. I'd go in the back and get the parts myself but I got kicked out of Advance Auto once for that.
i dont go to them anymore
and i use to walk in the one here and get my own parts and run the register myself because a couple buddies worked there and gave me their employee number and code to run the register

but that was 20 years ago and those guys found better jobs

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just think what it will be like in another 20 years

you have soft hands is what it means lol

lol advance auto company was started and ran by a guy

lmao he is but he likes everything creamy

i dont go to them anymore
and i use to walk in the one here and get my own parts and run the register myself because a couple buddies worked there and gave me their employee number and code to run the register

but that was 20 years ago and those guys found better jobs
Even the NAPA stores here have turned glitzy like Auto Zone and OReillys instead of the “hard parts” store as I used to call them.

Chrome muffler bearings vs ball joints

Now pretty much a wash

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even the NAPA stores here have turned glitzy like Auto Zone and OReillys instead of the “hard parts” store as I used to call them.

Chrome muffler bearings vs ball joints

Now pretty much a wash
when i worked at my buddys garage i got to know all the guys in the parts stores and at napa they was the only place in town to make hydraulic hose and about 3 years ago they quit doing that so if need a hydraulic hose here you have to drive 25 miles to another town
i was one of the nonworkers that was allowed to make up hydraulic hoses there
from what i see now there its just a oil store and no real parts

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
advance auto company was started and ran by a guy
Well I hope she banged his best friend because Advance sucks the worst of the local parts stores. Pep Boys used to hold the title for worst parts store by a country mile, but they went out of business, now the title falls to Advance, though NAPA is a close second.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

To be fair, I work in a decent size Napa and even if management doesn't erroneously post parts into inventory when they haven't shown up, parts will go mia. At least at our store drivers will stock parts, and the places some chit will end up is insane. I'm the findit guy because I know all the "wrong" places to look. Hell, I won't even ask some of my coworkers to do stuff on my days off, it's easier and less annoying for me to drive into town and do it myself than it is to try to walk somebody through stuff over the phone.

Autozone is complete anarchy last I heard, no manager, no assistant manager, a customer told us two employees were shouting at each other and when he asked a 3rd if they had a volt meter "Yeah, but I'm not gonna get it for you".

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be fair, I work in a decent size Napa and even if management doesn't erroneously post parts into inventory when they haven't shown up, parts will go mia. At least at our store drivers will stock parts, and the places some chit will end up is insane. I'm the findit guy because I know all the "wrong" places to look. Hell, I won't even ask some of my coworkers to do stuff on my days off, it's easier and less annoying for me to drive into town and do it myself than it is to try to walk somebody through stuff over the phone.

Autozone is complete anarchy last I heard, no manager, no assistant manager, a customer told us two employees were shouting at each other and when he asked a 3rd if they had a volt meter "Yeah, but I'm not gonna get it for you".
Autozone gives me a 10% military discount so I’ll buy Sea Foam and Techron when they have it 2for 1

I used to buy Itasca chain and bar oil there but they quit selling it and started selling STP bar oil

Other than that I don’t but *s-wordt from them

Oreillys is a little bit better

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

At least in my neck of the woods, currently and for the past couple years, O'Reilly has been the best. When the Autozone first opened up, probably 10 or 12 years ago, it was pretty good. They were always well-stocked, well staffed, most employees knew enough about cars and sales and inventory to get you what you needed. It was well-run. Then when O'Reilly hit the market, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, all of the good, longtime employees from AZ fled to O'Reilly. Ever since AZ has been a revolving door of employees and a general clusterfuk.

The nearby NAPAs are bad. Small, ancient inventory. They have stuff that has been on the shelf longer than I've been alive. Everytime I go to NAPA, they either don't have it, can't get it, or it'll take about a week to get here.

What parts stores seemingly don't understand is that RockAuto beats the *s-word out of any retail parts place. The ONLY reason I'm shopping at a brick and mortar store for parts, is because I need it asap. If you have a small, crappy inventory, you're useless to me.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least in my neck of the woods, currently and for the past couple years, O'Reilly has been the best. When the Autozone first opened up, probably 10 or 12 years ago, it was pretty good. They were always well-stocked, well staffed, most employees knew enough about cars and sales and inventory to get you what you needed. It was well-run. Then when O'Reilly hit the market, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, all of the good, longtime employees from AZ fled to O'Reilly. Ever since AZ has been a revolving door of employees and a general clusterfuk.

The nearby NAPAs are bad. Small, ancient inventory. They have stuff that has been on the shelf longer than I've been alive. Everytime I go to NAPA, they either don't have it, can't get it, or it'll take about a week to get here.

What parts stores seemingly don't understand is that RockAuto beats the *s-word out of any retail parts place. The ONLY reason I'm shopping at a brick and mortar store for parts, is because I need it asap. If you have a small, crappy inventory, you're useless to me.
The situation here is much the same except we had Shucks and then Autozone came in as close as they could possibly get to each shucks store and they lured folks away from Shucks

Then Shucks became O’Reillys and turned the tables on Autozone

We also have Carquest and some of them are closer to an old line PARTS STORE yet they carry enough shiny stuff and car wash shampoo to attract both old guys and the younger crowd

Sadly Rock Auto and the like are not an option for me because of shipping

It’s funny I do more work on my daughter’s Subaru than I do my own cars

I try to find her the best parts and prices but I get what I can where I can