Not So Pro 3

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wasted 15 minutes of my life at Autozone while 2 mouth breathing employees attempted to find a carburetor kit that they had in stock and not one employee could find. I don't think either of them knew what a carburetor is and certainly didn't know what a carb kit is. Oh and both mouth breathing employees were at least in their 40s, not kids.

I was so irritated I think my eye starting twitching.

Around here they call them Vatozone, if you are not bilingual, you best not go in one.

Napa & Carquest are the only two stores I shop at. If they do not have needed items, I look online, etc.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kids today have fapping to easy... LOL

I remember as a kid waiting for the pennys & sears catalogs my older sisters threw in the trash can.

Yes it was a struggle back then. Internet makes things too easy. Kids these days will ever understand what it was like.

In my teens when my one older sister still at home, got a victoria secret catalog in the mail, I thought I died and went to heaven.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this parts thing...
I work for a national chain, owned by a multi national.
Our parts are bigger and heavier than car shop ones in the main, but the business model is similar.

Customers don't want to pay more than they have to for bits, so it becomes a low margin race to the bottom. Because it's low margin, wages are poor, so most of the staff are too.
My deal is different, but I really feel for the store based peeps. We have over 3600 part numbers in our branch alone, and heavy trailers don't come with online parts diagrams, yet somehow it's their fault if they don't know what particular air brake valve lowboysdotcom used on the customers "It's a 3 axle" version. And then it turns out be a lowloadersareus build anyway.

Maybe just remember you should get further with Sugar than Spice with folks who are just trying to pay the bills like you are.