Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for your responses! How do the hoarders react? Safety or stuff? I understand it is a situational question but is there a pattern?
Thankfully I haven’t dealt with a full-on hoarder fire since I took the class 5-6 years ago, so I can’t answer that.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Granted I've not had any of that training, but if it was a blaze and I was on scene, after life was safe, I'd just let that *s-word burn down to the ground and let it keep going if the fire wanted to, floors be damned let it all burn, a nice hot fire cleans out the trash, and signals new beginnings.

I've torched a few things in my time, let the *b-word burn, if everyone is safe.

My first thought when I saw that POS today was opening the doors, shoveling that trash into the nearest dumpster, than lighting the truck on fire. Or plan B) just lighting the entire truck on fire and letting it burn. Save all the shoveling.
Although I agree with you, I have to deal with these situations differently, with more tact. As much as I’d love to let it burn and get rid of all the trouble, I still have a duty to put the fire out, and save “life and property” whenever possible. Just because I don’t agree with someone else’s way of living, doesn’t change how I respond to the call..

That being said, we have a saying, “Risk a lot to save a lot, risk little to save little, and risk nothing to save nothing.” If there is no one inside a burning hoarders house, we certainly aren’t going to risk ourselves for “stuff” if it’s deemed unsafe.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning from beautiful downtown Homer Alaska, 27 and breezy which translates into cold as fukk because the wind comes off the bay

Visiting the granddaughters and going to their horse Halloween carnival

Yinz have fun at Randy’s